April 2011 Moms
Options

Sigh... did he really just outgrow 9 months!??

I sh!t you not, I just had to pack up two 9 month rompers because they were too small for ds. He has a gigantic 99th percentile head and length (and he packed on the pounds since his last appt so he's probably up there in weight from his 90th percentile). He's 17 lbs now.  I could not get them over his head and they were polos with 3 buttons so I figured they would be MORE than safe in the head dept. A 3 month old outgrowing 9 month clothes makes me shed a little tear. He's growing so fast! 
photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Sigh... did he really just outgrow 9 months!??

• Options
    Wow... remember to never buy newborn clothes - they barely fit for anytime at all! My LO just wore a pair of 18M pajamas the other day... she's long at 25" and pretty heavy at 15lbs. but 18M?! I jokingly call her my monster baby Wink
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's the thing though! He actually wore newborn clothes! We were shocked. He was born at 9.2 and dropped to 8.2 in the hospital. He was in NB clothes way longer than anyone imagined, then literally almost skipped over 0-3 (maybe a couple weeks). 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've decided that baby clothing sizes are completely useless.  It would be better if they just had numbers.  My LO has NB onesies that still fit and 3-6 month clothes that are getting too small.  Go figure!
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options

Yeah, I feel your pain. We're solidly in the 9 months stuff and I just begged for the 12-24 month box my SIL was going to give us at Christmas.

It's really the length more than anything.

And I know, I get sniffly when I have to pack away favorite outfits in each size. Who knows if I'll ever get to put them on another LO, you know? And even if I do, I'll never put them on DD again.

Okay, it's too early for mommmy tears. :::sniffle, sniffle:::

• Options

imagebiblionerd:
    That's the thing though! He actually wore newborn clothes! We were shocked. He was born at 9.2 and dropped to 8.2 in the hospital. He was in NB clothes way longer than anyone imagined, then literally almost skipped over 0-3 (maybe a couple weeks). 

Exactly the same for us, I had to run out and buy more NB size because she was in them for longer than I thought (she was 8.2 at birth and gained from there). And then she wore 0-3 for maybe a week  before jumping to 3-6 month. She was in 6 month for a long time.

• Options
    Yeah we are in 9 months now, but he did wear NB once maybe for a week. I really don't feel like buying more summer clothes. Hopefully we can make it til Fall.  He was 8-12 at birth. He now weighs in at 20-2, 28.25 inches...at 4 months. My daughter was this size at 8 mos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Am I putting my kid in clothes that are too small for her? She is 4 months old, and is wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes. She is in the 95th %ile at about 16.5 lbs and approx 27 inches. Some of the 3-6 is getting short now, and I may have to look at some 6-9, but all of her 6 months stuff fits great, I think...

Of course, I'm kidding when I ask if my baby's clothes are too small. I know they aren't. Isn't it funny, though, how babies who on paper are the same size or similar can wear completely different sized clothing?

I agree that labeling the clothes by age is pointless. They should just put weight and height ranges on them. That might be a little more accurate.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    imageSarahL77:

Am I putting my kid in clothes that are too small for her? She is 4 months old, and is wearing 3-6 or 6 month clothes. She is in the 95th %ile at about 16.5 lbs and approx 27 inches. Some of the 3-6 is getting short now, and I may have to look at some 6-9, but all of her 6 months stuff fits great, I think...

Of course, I'm kidding when I ask if my baby's clothes are too small. I know they aren't. Isn't it funny, though, how babies who on paper are the same size or similar can wear completely different sized clothing?

I agree that labeling the clothes by age is pointless. They should just put weight and height ranges on them. That might be a little more accurate.

ITA. DD is the same size and still in 3-6 and 6 month. But she had a 6-9 outfit we just had to pack away because it doesn't fit anymore.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage.
  • Options
    imageSarahL77:

This exactly. Liam's getting so big (to me, at least). I think he was 25" and know he was 13 lb, 8 oz at the last check-up. No more little pocket-sized baby :-( He'll be TRIPLE his birth weight soon!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"