Potty Training
Options

At the end of my rope!

I'm SO frustrated with potty training!! Dd started really potty training when she turned 2. She's 2.5 now. She knows when she needs to go potty, she knows everything she has to do and I know she can do it because she'll do great for days and then she'll pee in her underwear several times one day. It's frustrating because whenever she pees in her underwear I explain to her that she needs to pee in the potty and she'll tell me, "I don't pee in underwear, I pee in the potty". I don't really know what to do at this point. I watch my niece and nephew 2 days a week and when they are here, she almost never stops playing to use the potty. I am open to any suggestions at this point! I give her time out when she pees in her underwear and she doesn't really care. I have to find a consequence that matters to her and I don't want to spank her. PLEASE HELP!!

ETA: She always poops in the potty! And I think that frustrates me even more because I know she knows and just chooses not to pee in the potty sometimes because she'd rather be doing something else. She should technically be potty trained at this point.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: At the end of my rope!

• Options
    I'm not sure she's doing it on purpose- her mind might just be elsewhere.  My advice would be if she's not going to tell her- give her a potty break.  Tell her its time to go potty.  If its a day your niece and nephew are over- give her a potty break inbetween activties.  Eventually she's going to get sick of someone telling her when she has to go and is going to go on her own. 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if your niece and nephew are potty trained or not, but maybe on the days they are there you can set a timer and everyone takes a potty break when the timer goes off.  If they are not potty trained, maybe thats when you can change a diaper or something.  That way, it's kinda like a game and it's not you telling her to go, the timer is the one making the decision.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP's - I would set potty break times. At daycare, they are required to do every 2 hour diaper changes. When they start introducing the potty, they do the same. It's part of the day/routine so there is little resistance to it. I did something similar at home until DD got the hang of using the potty consistently.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"