Pre-School and Daycare

New baby jealousy

If you had a LO with a 3/4 year old how long did the attitude over the new sibling last? DD1 clearly acts out if the baby is fussy and goes out of her way to be obnoxious if her sister crashes on me and I put her down for a nap. I know it's "normal" and in some ways any attention she's getting (even negative) is her goal. But my sister is 5.5 years younger than me and I don't remember being this jealous. Some of her attitude is likely compounded by the fact I'm it during the week since MH travels. When he's home she's much calmer because we can divide and conquer childcare. I try to still play with neighbors and do story time at bed time but I'm just one person. Sad Hoping next month when school starts up she'll improve, but I worry about her acting out at school.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

Re: New baby jealousy

• After the first 4-6 DS' behavior really got better.  For a few months, he would still purposely make noise when he was sleeping tho, but that has subsided too now
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Oh, and DS did "act up" in school for the first few months after DD was born.  I find it hard to tell what behavior is "new baby realted", or just another normal annoying kid phase :-)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel. We're trying to reward good behavior with praise but the other day I think she spent more time in her room than out. She was blatantly not listening and the sass was off the charts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"