April 2011 Moms

Ahhh... how soon we forget

(sorry, I can stop posting pg related stuff here if you want. I just consider this my "home" board).

I was a miserable 1st tri'er, just queasy all day, gassy, diarrhea, starving 24/7, headaches, checking the tp every time you go to the bathroom , etc. I remember asking maybe towards the end of 1st tri if you ever forget how awful it was or if it was enough to make you not want another. I was convinced I would never want to go through that again. It really happened though. I truly, in less than a year, forgot what 1st really felt like. The allure of baby snuggles and toothless gummy smiles was too appealing. I'm 4 weeks and already feel like I've been hit by a bus. I'm loving every minute of it still (getting over the terror/shock every day!), but man oh man did I forget what being barely pregnant could do to you. Then throw a 3 month old into the mix who doesn't give a damn that you're about to eat your arm off and just wants his bottle NOW... I have a feeling it's gonna be a long pregnancy. On the bright side, we THINK we already have names picked out. :P Fiona and Felix or Simon.

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Ahhh... how soon we forget

• Yeah, to be quite honest, I remember every puke filled moment and it's one of the many reasons I make sure we have condoms in the house before I so much as hug DH.

Cute names. I like Simon best, personally.

• I don't think I'll ever forget my inability to poo for 9 months! I'm sorry you're feeling so rough, but I'm glad you're getting more comfortable with the idea of this pregnancy. Hope you feel better soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I remember..................we are TTC and I can only imagine going through 1st tri with an infant.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageScout05:

Yeah, to be quite honest, I remember every puke filled moment and it's one of the many reasons I make sure we have condoms in the house before I so much as hug DH.

Baha! All of this exactly!!!

I don't mind you posting about pg related stuff at all. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I am a major lurker on the baby name board! I saw your post and voted Felix! I just now thought about it and if you eventually have 3 children and one ends up being a boy and the other a girl do you really want a Felix and a Fiona? ome food for thought! 

P.S. Congrats! You will do fine! My mom always tells me how much faster and easier the second pregnancy is because you are too busy to notice while chasing around the first! With the first you did a lot of sitting and waiting.

photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ha! Guess I'm the only one then. :)  I mean I remember feeling like crap and saying I was never going to do it again, but I guess I just didn't remember well enough to postpone another one. I had a pretty great 3rd tri though so I think it helped forget. I did love being the giant, fat, waddling, pregnant woman who got sympathy smiles trying to reach something on the bottom shelf at the store. :P 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • 1st and 3rd tri are both on my list of top 5 reasons we are not TTC for a while. We have Simon picked out for a boy as well :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cherish it lol! I miss it. Crazy as it sounds, I am so jealous!!

• During 1st tri with Drew I told DH I would never have another baby b/c it was so awful.  I completely forgot about it until I was pregnant with Lizzy and then I said the same thing - I'm never doing this again!  Now I've already forgotten exactly how it feels.

FWIW, I thought my second pregnancy felt much much faster than the first.  Lots of distractions!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I remember that you and I were among the biggest whiners about pregnancy symptoms :-) That's why I was shocked you're there already. I even said *on the operating table*, "My next baby is coming from China."

Good luck and feel free to vent all you want!

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm already romanticizing my pregnancy a little bit. Ten sleepless weeks with a newborn? Not so much.

And congrats on your pregnancy! I'm not sure I want a second at all, but if I were more certain, I could see the appeal of having them close together. Feel better!
  • I agree...you really do forget most of the terrible parts of the first tri. I barely remember the nausea, the fear of each day hoping I don't see blood on the tp, etc but I will never, ever forget the fatigue. 2:00pm every day was awful. I would hit a wall and trying to make it to 5:00 so I could go home and crash on the couch was the worst. I would sleep in my car at lunch! What's more is that at that point no one except DH knew so he's the only person I could complain to about it!

Feel free to talk about your pregnancy all you want! I am not ready to be pregnant again any time soon, but that being said I absolutely loved being pregnant (after the tiredness wore off) and I miss it a lot sometimes. Enjoy and I hope you have a H&H 9 months.

PS - Linus is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. You and your DH make adorable babies...glad another one is coming :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageScout05:

Yeah, to be quite honest, I remember every puke filled moment and it's one of the many reasons I make sure we have condoms in the house before I so much as hug DH.

This X infinity.  I was sick until my 6th month!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"