April 2011 Moms

Maternity clothes question from April 2012 board!

Hi mamas!  I was wondering what were your favorite stores for winter maternity clothes?  What were your must-haves for your winter wardrobe?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Maternity clothes question from April 2012 board!

• I lived in sweaters from Old Navy and got my winter coat there as well. Good luck!
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Old Navy online.  The stores around me have a maternity section the size of my closet.  Also Gap had nice things but are a little more expensive.  It's the best time to be pregnant and to have a baby!  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • I wore leggings and comfy cardigans all winter. I also got my coat from Old Navy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Every thing I wore came from either Target or Kohls. Kohls is dumb expensive but they always had deals like buy these pants get a top free so I could get an outfit for 40 or 50 bucks. Youre gonna wear them for 9 months and maybe a month or two after you deliver. I plan on wearing mine  again so i justified spending the extra money. theres a resale shop called once apon a child thst hsd maternity clothes though.
  • I also recommend Old Navy,  I loved the shirts and jeans from Motherhood but don't recommend the bra's or underware.

If you live up north try finding a winter coat now because they are expensive.  I usually wear a small and a large got me through the winter. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I lived in a plaid cape coat that I got for 75% off at Old Navy. It was so cute that most people didn't even realize it was maternity wear. Motherhood Maternity's pants and jeans were the only ones that worked for me! Also, empire waists are your friend. If you don't get very big, you can even wear regular clothes for most of your pregnancy. I think I was only primarily in maternity wear for the last two months.
  • I really liked the tops from Old Navy, but the only pants I wore were from Gap.  They were the only ones that fit comfortably, looked good and stayed up! 
  • I would have died (ok, maybe not literally) without my Gap Maternity Pure Body tees. They come in tank, short, and long sleeve. I wore the same ones literally from 1st trimester through 3rd, by themselves and layered under other things. They are just SUPER stretchy and insanely comfortable. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • I got a lot of my stuff from Old Navy online. I also went to Ross and got some things for a good price. I didn't always buy maternity - longer shirts worked well for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i bought some stuff at target. The smartest thing i did though, was go shopping at Kohls on black friday..I got so much clothes and saved sooooooo much money.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got a winter coat from a very sweet friend on my local board, but it was from ON. I mostly had 1 sweater, 1 button down shirt, and a couple long sleeved shirts. Otherwise I just bought sweaters and long sleeved shirts in a size up from my usual size, and it worked great. I did wear camisoles under just about everything so they weren't too short, but it stretched my wardrobe (no pun intended). I got my clothes from Kohl's and Target mostly.
    Old nestie, new name: formerly ckolak:-)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Mama's Gonna Buy You A Mockingbird
  • If I could do one thing differently, I would have bought more maternity tops that doubled as nursing tops! I ended up going out and  buying some after the baby came because I found they made nursing in public so much easier. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I agree w/pp about empire waist tops/dresses being your friend, very comfy.  I didn't buy many maternity clothes, I just went up a size & the clothes fit perfectly.  Mostly I wore tanks w/wrap sweaters, my regular pants/jeans (w/a belly band), leggings & in the last few months..DRESSES!!!  I couldn't stand to wear pants anymore by then.  I bought my larger clothes at Target (dresses/some maternity tops), Charlotte Russe (wrap sweaters/camis), Old Navy (tanks).  Ross is where I bought cute flat shoes.  Good Luck & Congrats!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ann Taylor loft online and gap - definitely gap for jeans! I actually didn't have to buy that much because I'm so tall so my non-maternity wardrobe stretched pretty far. Also, don't rush into a maternity winter coat, my regular peacoat lasted me the whole time - toward the end I just couldn't do the bottom buttons :) I did buy a lot of short sleeve tops in a size up and wore a lot of cardigans - that way I still had a decent wardrobe right after delivery. GL :)
  • I wore my own clothes until January. By the middle of the month I had expanded too much so I went to motherhood maternity and caved. I loved their jean and their fitted quarter sleeve shirts. I was in texas so I had to go back to get a couple of things for warmer weather too.
    photo 8e32bb2b-42a7-49d2-85df-cab52864175d_zpse525d043.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I didn't bother w/ a coat, I just wore mine open (and I live in hellish winter wonderland. It was fine.) If I had to go out for longer than it took to get to my car, I wore DH's wool coat. But that was rare.

Otherwise, maternity jeans and yoga pants from ON, and long layering tanks under my regular t-shirts and sweaters. I was determined not to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes and it ended up working out just fine.

• Old Navy for sure... PP said don't worry about a jacket but mine was a must have! It got chilly walking the dog and I was pretty huge by end of winter. Best $60 spent and remember if you wait too long into the season, they'll be sold out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageshaindelr:
    I lived in sweaters from Old Navy and got my winter coat there as well. Good luck!

This! I loved Old Navy, though I seem to remember their shirts/sweaters running large.

I also got some cute stuff from Motherhood, Kohls, and Sears.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imageshaindelr:
    I lived in sweaters from Old Navy and got my winter coat there as well. Good luck!

This!!!

~Married- 10.20.2007~ TTC Since- 4.3.2009 ~BFP#1- 8.25.2009 ~ Missed M/C and D&C-10.9.2009 ~BFP#2-8.12.2010 ~ EDD- 4.20.2011~ It
  • i got a winter coat but i wouldn't say its totally necessary - remember you'll be in different stages from october to april so you may want to get a new one a little on the big side to make room for the later stages of PG.

i lived in long maternity tanks with sweaters on top - we don't have many nice places here in my town in Canada. but when i went to a bigger city i bought a "now and later" or "now and after" whatever it's called long sleeve shirt from Thyme Maternity and i still wear it!! loved it!

• imagebiblionerd:
    I would have died (ok, maybe not literally) without my Gap Maternity Pure Body tees. They come in tank, short, and long sleeve. I wore the same ones literally from 1st trimester through 3rd, by themselves and layered under other things. They are just SUPER stretchy and insanely comfortable. 
    This- I wore everything from Gap. Super comfy and it lasts so it is worth the money. Their long and lean jeans were my favorite! They stayed up over my enormous bump.
  • Gap and Old Navy. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE for your maternity stuff. Both of these stores constantly have sales and coupons. Also, if you need one, get your winter coat early because at least at Old Navy the sizes go kind of quick. I live in Chicago so I had 3 maternity winter coats (dress coat, coat for when it was cold as hell, and coat for when it was just regular cold). 

Make sure you get e-mails from any of the stores you like, then you'll know when they have sales. I bought most of my maternity stuff from the Gap. I'd buy stuff on sale or clearance and combine it with 40% off coupons I'd receive via email. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageXles10:

Gap and Old Navy. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE for your maternity stuff. Both of these stores constantly have sales and coupons. Also, if you need one, get your winter coat early because at least at Old Navy the sizes go kind of quick. I live in Chicago so I had 3 maternity winter coats (dress coat, coat for when it was cold as hell, and coat for when it was just regular cold). 

Make sure you get e-mails from any of the stores you like, then you'll know when they have sales. I bought most of my maternity stuff from the Gap. I'd buy stuff on sale or clearance and combine it with 40% off coupons I'd receive via email. 

• I went to the outlet mall and bought all my pants from motherhood and pea in a pod. I spent $150 on 6 pairs of pants and a sweater. The tops that fit the best were from Kohl's. I used a 30% off coupon and they had a big sale. I got 5 sweaters there for $100. I never needed a winter coat. I used my pea coat and didn't button at the end. I was never cold so it didn't bother me at all. I spent about $40 at mother hood for a maternity dress for my shower.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"