Two Under 2
Options

If you conceived #2 (or #3...) while BFing

What made you suspect you were PG?  Temp spike? Weird symptoms?  Please share your experience!
imageimageimage

Re: If you conceived #2 (or #3...) while BFing

• Options
    Vivid dreams, nausea and smell sensitivity, nipples hurt so very bad. I was about 6 weeks at that point.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Both #2 and #3 were conceived while BFing.

With #2 I wanted juice really bad all of a sudden one day. And I'm not a juice kind of person. I didn't think anything of it until I wanted juice again the next day while I was shopping. So I bought juice and a pregnancy test. I was only 4 weeks pregnant.

With #3 I was constantly hungry for a week straight. I craved vegetables and was peeing constantly.  I was 6 weeks pregnant at the time.

With all three of my pregnancies I've craved healthy foods early on. That's apparently my main symptom!

Mama to 4 kids: girl 2009, boy 2010, girl 2012, boy 2014

www.herenowus.com

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hard to say.  I only had 2 periods before my BFP, so obviously they weren't regular yet.  I guess I just started taking tests, assuming that either AF was going to come, or I was going to get a BFP.  I was mentally prepared for either.

Awhile before my BFP though, my husband and I noticed that I had some moodiness and I also felt sick on a few days and we would talk about how I could be pregnant... but that may or may not have had anything to do with actually being pregnant.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

My first symptom was extreme fatigue.  However, I didn't think anything of it, just thought it was because I had been extra busy at work.

A few weeks later I was at a family wedding, where my cousin announced her pregnancy.  Her first DD was born a month before mine.  I was shocked for her, her two would be about 18 months apart.

The next day I was walking though the grocery store and I could smell everything; the strawberries, the peaches, everything.  I picked up a test just to be sure, never imagining it would actually be positive.  I hadn't had a period since before DD was conceived.

Sure enough..... BFP.... my two will be 17 months apart.

• Options
    I had 3 periods, and they werent consistent. We decided to not use protection one time and let it happen...SO 2 days before DH left for work on the rig I took a test to be sure (didnt want to tell him on the phone) and it was BFP....I didn have any symptoms yet. With DS I had a ton before I tested. 
  • Options

We were TTC, but we were being very patient knowing that BFing could make TTC difficult.

I had extreme heart burn, just like the first time, so I POAS.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had nausea and I was totally exhausted. I was about 6 weeks along when I found out.
  • Options
    Lucky me AF appeared at 5 months pp and I was regular and charting :P At 4 weeks pregnant right now I have no symptoms (got my BFP Monday).
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

We conceived DD2 and this little bean while I was BFing. Both times, though, I'd already gotten AF back.  So I knew to test when AF was late.  I apparently regain my fertility super-quick, even while EBFing ...

Actually, though, this time around I began to worry that I was pg before AF was late.  I wasn't temping but I was keeping track of my cycles, so I knew that I was CD22 (probably about 9 DPO) when I started feeling really bloated.  A week later, I was still bloated, and I started to get really tired.  But I didn't test until CD33 (which was probably about 20 DPO) since AF hadn't exactly been regular.

Traveling the world with my girls - born 12 months and 18 days apart.
    <a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/putalittlepolkainyourdot/?action=view
  • Options

The twins and this baby was concieved BFing, we even used protection with this baby. I had vivid dreams, very hormonal, I felt sick all the time and sore boobs, I hand an inkling with both and I just jumped the gun. I found out with the twins the first time I tried and, I asked the doctor what she thought with this baby, she had me try at the appointment and then the next morning a whazam, the next morning my morning sickness started and I got my BFP.

• Options

We weren't preventing since were hoping that it would happen, but not very optimistic since I still hadn't had my period and I wasn't charting.  I started testing almost every Friday once he turned 8 months old because I like to partake in a bit of wine on the weekends.  When he was 9.5 months, I got my positive test. 

I should have known that something was up.  On Wednesday, I felt like I had been hit with a truck.  I was completely wiped out.  I couldn't work at all (work from home) and wasted an entire day that my MIL was watching him by sleeping.  The next day, I had to sleep during both of his naps.  I tested positive that Friday.  If I had not been testing, I would have known something was up on Saturday when the m/s kicked in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Missed period.  My period returned at 6mo pp and I got pg on the second cycle.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I was just hit with exhaustion one day so I thought I'd test since I hadn't had AF since my DS was born... yup... PG with #3!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Nausea. I was about 6 weeks when I found out.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I knew I was pregnant even though the first pregnancy test came back negative. I took it too early. But I was suuuuper tired when I found out with my second which was the same thing I went through with my first. Oh and just the thought of alcohol made me almost throw up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Missed period.  I got my period at 4 1/2 months pp despite nursing around the clock.  I'm still nursing around the clock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"