Minnesota Babies

South Metro Peds

So from what I can see it seems like Southdale Peds in Burnsville is the place to be? I live in Elko-New Market, and was just wanting to double check and make sure that I'm not missing any other recomendations.

Also, should I be interviewing these people and do I need to contact them or will my OB do so at delivery? (Sorry a little new to the game here)

TIA.

Re: South Metro Peds

• I like in Lakeville and have chosen Southdale Peds as well. When I called to set-up an "interview" they kind of balked at the idea. They will allow you one complimentary, but it didn't sound like a "super common" practice. The receptionist was nice enough to talk to me about some doc suggestions - I would prefer a young, mom doc herself! Plus, this board has given some great suggestions for ped docs as well!

At admission into the hospital, they will ask you which ped practice you have selected. Tell them Southdale, and whichever ped is doing rounds at your hospital when your baby is born will examine your baby. Probably is not likely to be your actual pediatrician, but perhaps it could become yours!

Good luck!

LL www.aModernFamily.blogspot.com
  • Thank you! I had never even thought of interviewing until my month board on here, where it seems to me that maybe it is more common practice in other states. I just wanted to double check with all of you ladies before I solidified anything.

• Loading the player...
  • We didn't choose a doctor before DD1 arrived.  We knew we wanted Southdale Peds and wound up sticking with the pedi on call.  Could not be happier with her!  But I would guess we would have been happy with almost anyone.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I go to allina in farmington off hwy 3 and i love them there!
  • We went with Southdale Peds as well.  We are going to the Edina location, but it is most of the same docs.  We did meet with one of the doctors for an interview, but only because of some specific questions related to family history.  We loved them and couldn't have been more impressed!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We are practically neighbors!  I live in New Prague. 

But I see Dr Lisa Gears at Park Nicollet Shakopee.  I will admit that I don't care for some of the other staff there, but she more than makes up for that!!  And I don't know where you will be delivering, but I have my babies at Ridgeview, and I just had them give me all the paperwork at discharge and I give it to Dr Gears.  I did give them a heads up however.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"