Postpartum Depression
Options

not sure if this is ppd and ppa

I am 15 weeks postpartum.  All during my postpartum period i did feel down and low.  After a while i felt a little better. at around 10 weeks i started having pains in my abdomen, constipation, trouble breathing, nausea, back pain... I thought it was gallbladder issues, had that checked out but everything came back normal.  i am still not feeling well, a month after all of this.  I have some hypocondriasis going on as well. i think everything is wrong with me.  I went to the doctor last week and she diagnosed me with PPD/PPA and put me on zoloft.  My question is... What physical symptoms did you all have with post partum depression/anxiety?  I feel like my life is spirling out of control.  :( i just want to feel better.. but it just feels like i feel worse.  Thanks..
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: not sure if this is ppd and ppa

• Options

With PPD I wasn't connecting with DD and I wanted to die.  I thought things would be better if I wasn't around.  I also wished that I never had her (but I never wanted to hurt her).

With PPA I was always worried about her dying.  I'd check on her all the time.  I had visions of something bad happening to her or to someone else I cared about.

I didn't have any actual physical symptoms except being tired all the time (which with a newborn was expected).

• Options
    imageMrsSR:

With PPD I wasn't connecting with DD and I wanted to die.  I thought things would be better if I wasn't around.  I also wished that I never had her (but I never wanted to hurt her).

With PPA I was always worried about her dying.  I'd check on her all the time.  I had visions of something bad happening to her or to someone else I cared about.

I didn't have any actual physical symptoms except being tired all the time (which with a newborn was expected).

pretty much this for me too... I was in a fog, I didn't feel like myself, hearing her cry made me want to just leave and let her be with someone else who could "take care of her'" since obviously I couldn't. I worried that I was doing everything wrong. I checked on her every 5 minutes (no joke)... I'd run upstairs and then back down, sit down for a few seconds and then run back up... repeatedly from 7pm when she went to bed until 11pm when DH and I went to bed. Then I'd lay in bed freaking out and it took me a good hour or two to go to sleep sometimes with random getting up and checking on her and then i'd wake periodically all night long.  I was exhausted. I didn't like anyone else taking care of her. I worried about things like people not feeding or changing her or her being shaken by DH or her caregivers... I feared that my MIL or SIL (who watched her for us at first) would take her in the car and they would get into an accident. It was intense. I didn't have many physical symptoms other than feeling a bit nauseated and tummy issues from worrying so much. No like anxiety 'attacks' per say. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"