Secondary IF
Options

Now for new weirdness...

I can feel my right fallopian tube aching right now.

I have never felt a fallopian tube in my life!  First the follicle pain weirded me out, given that I'd never felt anything like THAT before (finally had to take Tylenol) and now it's my fallopian tube, though "pain" is probably too strong a word.

Has anyone else felt this on a stimulated cycle?  I know it's not my imagination--it interrupted what I was doing/thinking about with its achiness.

I'm guessing it's the egg/blastocyst *crosses fingers* descending the fallopian tube, but that's something I've never felt before or even read about.  Either way, the egg/blastie should be TINY, so how can I feel it?  (Then again, I thought ovarian pain with Clomid was only in cases of OHSS.  How wrong I was!)

Great.  Now I'm freaking myself out about the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
On Stimmed Cycle #5
Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"

Re: Now for new weirdness...

• Options

Definitely not in my head.  It got bad enough (definitely into real pain territory) that I took 1.5 extra strength acetaminophen, and then I promptly forgot about it until I realized that I wasn't really hurting anymore an hour later.  Well, duh--the painkillers pretty much worked.

This is so crazy that it makes me think I'm imagining things.  Never felt anything like it...

TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Options
    I can't remember if I had fallopian tube achiness on a medicated cycle.  I do remember the ovaries hurting while the follies were growing, especially during dtd!  Medicated cycles always bring on weird symptoms it seems!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my first medicated cycle last time, and there was all sorts of achiness going on but not flat out pain. The wierd thing is the twinges continued through AF- and they were different from mentrual cramps. 
    DD born 2007, lots of ttc #2 without success, now one & done.
  • Options

I think it's just the medication!

Sheesh.  If I'm like this with 2 good/1 poor follicle, I'd be hanging from the ceiling on a serious stim protocol!

I can still feel it, but the achiness is slight, and there's no pain now.

On Stimmed Cycle #5
  • Options

Since yesterday, there's been a big fat ZILCH! So it was some weird ovulation thing for sure.

Bewbs are kinda sore, which is a good sign, but that's the Prometrium.  Implantation can't be until Thurs at the earliest, but could take as long as Mon.  Blood work Fri after next.  *sighs*

If this doesn't work, it's time for a S/A, and I'll push for a post-coital.

On Stimmed Cycle #5
  • Options

Glad you aren't in pain anymore.  I remember clomid gave me a lot of O pain too but I have no idea if it was my ovary or tube--you are good at localizing!

I hope this works!  I thought I read somewhere that the post-coital test isn't really used much anymore, or maybe it's just that any issues could be bypassed with IUI.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The post-coital mostly stinks, but the one thing it's accurate on is seeing whether your CM is attacking the sperm!  And, yep, not necessary in an IUI.  I'm paying OOP, so I'd rather not do an IUI if I can help it.
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
  • Options
    I felt like I was having tube pain, too.  I am 8dp5dt.  We lost an ectopic baby in April from my left tube and now that we did the transfer I keep feeling like that side tube is hurting.  I thought it was in my head because I fear of a second ectopic.  The doc told me it is not uncommon to have another especially during ivf.  So I am fearful.  But you are not alone in feeling those odd things.  Hey, it could be gas!  Or we could be really in tune with our bodies.  Best of luck to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"