Baby Showers
Options

hostess gift for my mom

I know is frowned up on on this board but its always done in my mom's circle of friends.  So I am looking for suggestions on what to get my mom as a gift for hosting my baby shower

Re: hostess gift for my mom

• Options
    I would get her a personalized frame and then purchase a photo of LO to put in it after the baby is born....
  • Options

i never frown upon hostess gifts, I encourage them.  I think one of the LL Bean boat bags monogrammed with "Grandma" would be really cute.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've never seen hostess gifts be frowned upon here...???

Anyways, I'm getting my mom this Willow Tree figurine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I got this family tree frame for my mom and one for my sister.

https://www.thingsremembered.com/product/Nickel-Heritage-Tree/157687.uts?keyword=family%20tree

I was going to also put family photos in it but just ran out of time before the shower.  Now I really want to get one for myself too.  We could make it a little project when she comes to visit and she picks out the pictures.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm doing my registry at www.myregistry.com and they have a ton of personalized gifts so I'd check that out... I'm thinking about this keepsake box:

https://www.myregistry.com/bridesmaid/details.aspx?pid=75388&n=Keepsake+Gifts&storeProductId=361

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
  • Options
    My mom and MIL are cohosting my shower and I am getting each of them a tote full of little things they will like (Starbucks giftcard, coffee mug, 'grandma' picture frame, etc..)

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I love the personalized tote with goodies idea! Wish I thought of that before I purchased these customized frames!

My MIL, step-mom, and dear friend are hosting my shower since my mom suddenly died last month. I went to Things Remembered and customized beautiful frames with quotes for each of them. I plan to put a poem or an ultrasound pic in the frame until our LO is born & then I will replace with a photo of her @ birth.

Good luck! 

• Options
    imagebackinpgh:

I've never seen hostess gifts be frowned upon here...???

Anyways, I'm getting my mom this Willow Tree figurine.

I think she's referring to her mom hosting, not getting her a gift.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"