Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What would your ideal pre-school for your child be?

If you ladies could create your ideal pre-school for your child what would it be like/what would it offer?

-Sinta Jimenez Owens 

Re: What would your ideal pre-school for your child be?

• Options
    DS's current preschool pretty much fits the bill for my ideal preschool---I'm blessed!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    DS1's preschool is pretty much perfect for us!  He goes to Catholic school and they have prek for 3's & 4's.  He's done 3's and is starting 4's this fall.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love the preschool that Eva is enrolled in for the fall.  It's play based, eco-friendly and cooperative.  There are 12 children in the class with a head teacher and a parent helper.  From the moment we walked in at the open house it just felt "right".  I know that Eva will be playing and learning in an environment that reflects our values and the way she is being raised at home.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The one my daughter will be starting at in the fall is pretty ideal to me. It's a Montessori school, which means there is a minimal amount of structure (but there is some) and a very child-led learning environment. There is a routine to the day so kids know what to expect when they come in each day, but there are several simultaneous tasks the kids can choose from at a time, mixed age classrooms rather than only 3 year olds or only 4 year olds in a room, no desks or blackboard instruction (some of the schools we looked at did this, which was a huge turn off to us for a 4 year old). I'm very happy with this since she will later transition to public school so I want her to be used to the structure of a traditional learning environment but simultaneously in an atmosphere that will let kids be kids and keys into their individual interests and talents.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Here is a link to DS's pre-school.  I get the feeling your asking because you are starting one and not looking for one?  Her info explains it all much better than I could but in general I wanted play based learning ( where they actually learned things but in a play based way not just run wild and play all day and oh well they learn that way), loose structure, at least partially green and organic, a garden was a must, great outdoor space, lots of tactile learning, someone knowledgeable in learning modalities (most people I asked this ? I got total blank face Confused).

https://www.dragonflyplayschool.com/

• Options
    We are in a great program but it is special needs.  For the twins we are looking for mostly one that has a low student/teacher ratio and a well planned out creative curriculum.
    Mom to Harmon 1/17/08 and twins Rachel & Callum 8/28/09 Photobucket 29o0v13.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"