April 2011 Moms

If you EBF and are a SAHM.....

Can you give me an idea of your days - feeding wise?? Like, how often do you feed .. how many x's per day..  all that.

DD used to go 1.5 or 2 hours btwn feeds, and she's stretching it out more now.. but I worry she isn't getting enough. Despite the fact that she's over 15 lbs... clearly I have anxiety issues!

Re: If you EBF and are a SAHM.....

• I'm not a SAHM, but Chase still gets all of his food from me.  He generally goes 2 or 2.5 hours between feedings during the day, but has gone up to 4 hours.  He's a chunky monkey and growing like a weed, so I know he gets plenty to eat.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• She used to eat every 1.5 hours... last week she was stretching it out to every few.I was a bit worried as her diapers didn't seem to need changing as often but I also wasn't engorged so I try to trust she's getting what she needs and eating more efficiently.

This week she's back to every couple with a cluster of hourly early and late in the day. Frustrating except she's going longer in the night so tanking up I think. And is there a 4 month growth spurt? She might also be on me that often to stimulate more milk production.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I quit breast feeding last week, but she was eating consistently every 2 hours.  Sometimes she would want to eat every hour, though, even at 4 months.  I would keep up with the demand feeding-- if your baby is hungry let him or her eat!  :)
    Stephanie Hsu
  • I EBF and WAHM. I feed on demand and DD eats about every 2 hrs when she's awake. If she's in the middle of a nap, she sometimes ends up going 3-4 hrs without eating. In the evenings, she generally eats a little more frequently - usually about 3 times in the last 4 hrs before bedtime. She wakes up once during the night to eat. All together it usually averages out to about 8 feedings per 24 hrs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Evie goes every 3 hours (sometimes it stretches close to 4 if she naps longer), and she's growing like a weed. She feeds anywhere between 15-35 minutes at each feeding and seems perfectly content. I think your baby's probably fine, she'll let you know if she's hungry! :)
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

• DS just started to go between 2.5 and 3 hours between feedings during the day, which freaked me out a little at first because he was pretty much attached to my boob as a newborn, but he's still gaining weight and sleeping even better now, so I think he's just fine. From the time he wakes up for the day until bedtime, I think he eats 6-7 times? He also wakes twice to eat between 8pm and 7am.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • usually every 3 hours like clock work.  We do supp at night a little because he never seems satisfied with just me in the evening but during the day it is EBF. 
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • NatLNatL member
    DD eats every 3 hours on the dot during the day, she sleeps from 6:30pm-6am (so 6am,9, 12, 3, 6 are usually her feeding times) She has started to just space her feedings out herself, and pretty much weaned herself off of the 9pm feeding. I wouldnt worry about the number of feedings if I were you.....sounds like you guys are doing great!
    Dx: unexplained infertility 
    Multiple IUIs and IVF in '10- DD #1
    IVF '13- DD#2
    FET Nov '15- BFN
    IVF Jan '16- 

Former TTTC Mommy! 
  • She eats every 2-3 hours during the day.  So about 6-7 feedings?  That includes once during the night as well.  As long as she's having lots of wet diapers, I'm not worried about it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"