Babies on the Brain

Implanon

I've had it for almost 4 months now... thinking big mistake! We really want to TTC again soon so I want to take the Implanon out. Does anyone have it? If so how long after it was taken out did you become pregnant? and....did it hurt? it hurt SO BAD getting put in! But that is nothing compared to nine months of pregnancy and actual labor. Just seeing if anyone has experience or advice!

Re: Implanon

• Isn't that a long-term IUD thing? Can they take it out after only 4 months? For some reason I thought there was a minimum amount of time you had to keep those in, for safety.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It last three years. Its a plastic tube that stays in your arm. I called my nurse and talked to her about taking it and she said just make an apt when your ready, so I would assume there was not a minimum amount of time it had to stay in. I hate it, I strongly regret it. I'd like to take it out and use the nuvaring again til were ready to TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • This doesn't answer your question, but I'm curious, why don't you like it? It is one of the options I'm considering after we eventually have #2.
    Norah is here! Born on July 16th, 2009 7lbs 0oz, 19in and PERFECT! My Blog--Baby Steps, Foot Steps, Leaps, Bounds, Milestones
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageSCBride2007:
    This doesn't answer your question, but I'm curious, why don't you like it? It is one of the options I'm considering after we eventually have #2.

I'm curious too. Is it just because it hurts or because you changed your mind about TTC?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lurker here popping out to add my two cents...I had Implanon in for about 6 months and had it taken out. They can take it out at any time, and while it didn't necessarily "hurt" it was VERY uncomfortable. They had trouble getting mine out and had to cut tissue off of it to pull it out. I got very dizzy and very sick to my stomach. You have to keep a bandage over it for a day or two but it wasn't too sore afterwards and don't really have a scar, just a very light dot on my arm that looks like a little freckle.

• I have a really irrational fear and blood and insides. I jsut hate them. They gross me out. When I hear people pop their knuckles i seriously throw up in my mouth a little. So I can feel it all the time and I hate that. And it jsut seems so permanent. It didnt really hurt getting put it but it was uncomfortable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"