April 2011 Moms
Options

Really, DH? Vent!

Let me preface this by saying that I truly love my husband with my whole heart.  He is a great father and a very supportive husband who works very hard, both in his job at work and his job at home.  Now that that's out of the way, let me say that I want to punch him in the throat right now.  I had a function to go to for work tonight so DH was going to do the whole nighttime routine with DS, which is usually my department.  He has only done it twice in the past month or so, but this is okay by me because I like that time with DS since it's our quiet time to bond.  So before I left for the night, I went ahead and warned him that he might get really cranky because he hadn't napped much at all today.  He would finally fall asleep and then wake up about 15 minutes later.  So he had very little sleep during the day.  So after dutifully warning him of what could lie ahead of him, I told him about our nighttime routine and then informed him that I loved him very much and that I appreciated him doing this tonight so I could go out for the night.  I also mentioned how I usually calm him down and comfort him at night when he's tired but not sleeping since he's not usually involved in this part of the routine.  Not 1 hour after I've been gone I get a text from him that says "You must hold him too much.  He won't let me put him down without pitching a fit.  He's cried for over 30 minutes."  Really, DH?  Was that below the belt comment undermining my parenting really necessary?  It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I told you he might get cranky from being overtired, or that he's not used to you doing this part of the night with him so it is slightly different, or that you're just not doing whatever it is that he wants you to do.  Clearly, the only logical reason is that I spoil him by holding him...Yeah, I wanted to just throat punch him at that point.  And what made that comment even worse was that it is exactly what his mother tells me!  So not only do I get it from her, but then I got it from DH!  Okay, vent over. 
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Really, DH? Vent!

• Options
    Aw that's so lame, I'm sorry! DH's just don't understand what we mama's do for our babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ugggghhhh..... a similar situation happened to me the first time I tried to go out for the evening. Sorry to hear this! I would be pissed too! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So frustrating!  My DH is great with our LO, but sometimes I leave the house just so he can have a glimpse of what I deal with all day.  He doesn't always understand how difficult activities of daily living can be.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    I'm sorry!  ,Suddenly our DD has decided she doesn't want bottles and as she was screaming her head off refusing one the other night, I to check on DH.  He told me "This is only happening because she's spoiled."  Haha, sometimes the people who aren't used to the routine get frustrated with the crankiness very easily. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh, I hate when people tell me I am spoiling my child.  Sometimes DHs don't know what to do, it sounds like your DH was getting frustrated & just had to say something. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I vote you punch him in the throat.

I'd been pi$$ed too- doubly because you're getting that from his mom also. How the heck do you spoil a little baby??

{hugs} Smile

• Options
    I vote you punch him too! My DH says stuff like this alllllllllll the time. I'm like you must know EVERYTHING bc you do EVERYTHING with him ALL DAY LONG. Please!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"