Attachment Parenting

Girasol Baby Wrap

After much research, looks like this is the one I want to go with. Anyone have any experience purchasing one and/or using one? I've seen them going for $80-$140. Is this the norm? If you have one, where did you purchase and what has been your experience? TIA!
  image imageimage

"The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing." Psalm 23:1

Re: Girasol Baby Wrap

• That price range sounds right.  I think you'll be pleased.  I have a Rasta that I bought used on TBW, a Night Rainbow 1 that I bought new from Pinkletink and a Love that I bought from Europe new via co-op.

I love them.  The first two are pretty thick & the last one is thinner.  They are all indestructible.  They are also so very loved, soft, floppy & uber comfortable.

I'm interested in hearing what others' experiences are.

Rasta:

Night Rainbow

Love:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a Gira Snow Rainbow that I adore. I bought it from Pinkletink. Check out thebabywearer dot com, you can sometimes get good deals on broken-in wraps.

P.S. C-Charm-- that Love is beeeautiful! I've never seen it before. Drooling!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    I just want to give you a world as beautiful as you are to me.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm borrowing an Earthy Rainbow at the moment, and it is super!  Really soft, and snuggly.

Not sure how much the owner paid for it, I guess it would really depend on how long a wrap you are looking for.  I think you would be happy with one, and there are so many colourways to pick from.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageglasgow_girl:

I'm borrowing an Earthy Rainbow at the moment, and it is super!  Really soft, and snuggly.

Not sure how much the owner paid for it, I guess it would really depend on how long a wrap you are looking for.  I think you would be happy with one, and there are so many colourways to pick from.

I think I paid $80, but it's been a while now. Glad you're enjoying it!

The price will depend on the length and colorway.  My Gira was a size 4 and it's an easy to find color.  For the same wrap in a 6 or 7 I've seen them go for $100-110.  Harder to find or newer colorways like the "Love" seen above (which I LOVE!!) will go for closer to list price or sometimes even more since they were just shipped over from Europe.

I'd definitely check out the Wraps FSOT board on thebabywearer before buying new though.  For most wraps I really prefer buying something that's well used so it's broken in.

• This all sounds so wonderful. DH is on board with baby wearing too. Should we each get our own or would it be ok to share one. I was thinking of getting a size 6 so that we can both wear it. I am 5'4" he is 5'10". What do you think?
      image imageimage

• Agreed with size 6...maybe even a size 7.

I have/have had a few Giras -- Revontulli (#25), Rainforest, Fresh Grapes, Earthy Rainbow, and Mamagenta.  I paid $65 - $125 for them.

• imagefannystuffs:
    This all sounds so wonderful. DH is on board with baby wearing too. Should we each get our own or would it be ok to share one. I was thinking of getting a size 6 so that we can both wear it. I am 5'4" he is 5'10". What do you think?

The good thing about wraps is that they're infinitely adjustable and fit to each wearer.  If you had something like a buckle carriers, there would be a waist band and different parts of shoulder strap & chest buckle to adjust for each user.  You don't have to worry about that with a wrap.

A size 6 should work.  Here's a sizing chart:  https://didymos.com/index.php?s=groesse

• Thank you all so much. DH and I are extremely excited to get our Girasol wrap. Have any of you ever ordered from www.pieceofcloth.com?
      image imageimage

• imagefannystuffs:
    Thank you all so much. DH and I are extremely excited to get our Girasol wrap. Have any of you ever ordered from www.pieceofcloth.com?

Yep.  She also owns www.granolababies.com.  She has great customer service!

• imageC-Charm:

imagefannystuffs:
    Thank you all so much. DH and I are extremely excited to get our Girasol wrap. Have any of you ever ordered from www.pieceofcloth.com?

Really? That's great! I live in in SoCal, about a 45 minute drive to her store. I was planning on going to one of their free babywearing clinics. I just found out they're having a breastfeeding celebration this Saturday. I hope I can make it!  

image imageimage

• imageC-Charm:

imagefannystuffs:

Really? That's great! I live in in SoCal, about a 45 minute drive to her store. I was planning on going to one of their free babywearing clinics. I just found out they're having a breastfeeding celebration this Saturday. I hope I can make it!  

image imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"