Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

WWYD packnplay/crib/toddler bed

We have a pretty scattered messed up living situation for the next 15 months...and in this apartment DS & I will prob be there on average 3 days a week. We arent ready for a toddler bed yet i dont think? He's a big explorer and just started walking about 10 days ago, and sleeps SOOO well in a crib. I'm not sure I wanna mess with that change on top of a move and a major schedule change.

Other options would be to sleep in the pack n play as is or buy one of the mattresses for it. or buy a new crib/mattress combo. which seems crazy this late in the game. I just really dont want him not being able to sleep that well. Maybe he'd get used to the pack n play?

idk wwyd?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD packnplay/crib/toddler bed

• Options
    I'd try to find a super cheap crib on Craigs list and just go buy a $40 mattress from Walmart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageKflie83:
    I'd try to find a super cheap crib on Craigs list and just go buy a $40 mattress from Walmart.

This.  Messing up my kid's sleep would make me want to cry/pull my hair out/whatever.  Do whatever it takes to preserve the good sleeping!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    If he just started walking it seems kind of early to put him in a toddler bed. I'd just use the crib you have (if you are able to) or I'd buy a used crib and buy a new mattress. Depending on the size of PNP, your child could end up cramped in it by the time the end of that 15mos rolls around and a regular crib and crib mattress will be more comfortable for him.
  • Options
    Ikea makes some pretty inexpensive cribs. . . and there are some "compact" cribs and even folding cribs used in hotels that are a little better than pack 'n' plays.  I'd probably do that for a long-term need.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    Try Freecycle.org.  Search for your area, then join it (it's free).  You will have to wait for the group moderator to approve your membership.  Then list that you're looking for a crib or a toddler bed and you will probably get responses from at least two families that are looking to offload theirs.  I've belonged to different freecycle groups in multiple states and the members are always nice, normal people that would rather give their things away for FREE than throw them away or donate them to charity.  Good luck!
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member

Where are you in Southern IL?  I have an extra crib collecting dust in the basement. (I'm in the IL suburbs of STL.) It's yours if you want it.  PM me.

ETA: I also sent you a PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"