Toddlers: 24 Months+

Diaper bags for multiple children

Any suggestions? I will have a newborn and one that is currently potty training so I will need one that I can pack all newborn stuff and a possible change of clothes for the pt. I would like one that zips and doesn't a flap to close it. TIA

Re: Diaper bags for multiple children

• We went with the Skip Hop Backpack Diaper bag.  It's the perfect size (reviews on Amazon said it was small, it's not).  Prior to giving birth, we hardly ever used a diaper bag with our toddler.  I have plenty of room for stuff for both children, plus some. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• I know it's not what you asked, but just throwing it out there. I never kept my DD's stuff with me; It stayed in the car. I also kept in there a pair of socks and shoes just in case those got wet too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Cheap walmart jansport.  Lasted 2 yrs of travelling and then 3 yrs of daily diaper bag usage.  Big, multiple compartments.  Could carry cloth diapers, cloth wipes and gear for 3 kids in dipes, changes of clothes, and still have space for whatever I needed.  I had the backpack laying around, couldn't see why to spend money on another bag before I knew my needs and it turned out perfect.   But like PP, I never carry one anymore.  I have a suitcase in the trunk with changes of clothes for everyone- myself included, 2-3 dipes for each of the twins an epipen and first aid kit. 
  • I have a JJ Cole bag.  I looked at the Skop Hop bags, but they aren't really big enough unless you get that enormous one.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sherpasherpa member

imageSmores730:
    I know it's not what you asked, but just throwing it out there. I never kept my DD's stuff with me; It stayed in the car. I also kept in there a pair of socks and shoes just in case those got wet too.

This is a good idea. I was considering a larger diaper bag because DS will be potty training (I hope) when #2 is born and I hated lugging around so much stuff when he was a baby. I always preferred doing diaper changes in the car because I know car is clean and I have never been in a public restroom that I wanted to change DS in. I think I'll just keep my old bag and have a few things in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have a small pre-school sized back pack on wheels for DD#1 to carry herself with her things in it. And I have a regular diaper bag for all the newborn things I need. That way if I only go somewhere with one of them, I don't have to drag all that stuff everywhere with me.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a  Skip Hop bag, but I have the messenger style bag since I like to be able to just stick my hand in real fast to grab something if I need to.
  • I have the Kalencom weekender, which is so far fanastic. It has two separate walls to carry diapers for each LO, and lots of other pockets and whatnot to carry PT supplies, snacks, toys, clothing changes, etc. Its big, but not too big, and still really cute.
  • imageLoveEeyore:
    I have a suitcase in the trunk with changes of clothes for everyone- myself included, 2-3 dipes for each of the twins an epipen and first aid kit. 

You might want to check with your pharmacist, but most epipens need to be temperature controlled. If they've been left in a hot (or cold) trunk, they may not work.  

• imageBEATOU:

imageLoveEeyore:
    I have a suitcase in the trunk with changes of clothes for everyone- myself included, 2-3 dipes for each of the twins an epipen and first aid kit. 

You might want to check with your pharmacist, but most epipens need to be temperature controlled. If they've been left in a hot (or cold) trunk, they may not work.  

You're right- I started it in the spring and just got lazy about it.  They need to make mini ones to put on key chains!  Thanks for the kick in the pants to get that out,  Luckily next week I'll get them all replaced after DD's appt. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"