Secondary IF

Was going to "test out" HCG trigger...

I injected on Weds.  I'm 2 days after O (which was Friday) and 4 days after the HCG injection, and I took my first pregnancy test.  I was expecting a truly BF BFP and instead the line is quite light.

Why is it disappearing so fast????

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
DX: crappy quality & infrequent ovulation, mild MFI
Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
On Stimmed Cycle #5
Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"

Re: Was going to "test out" HCG trigger...

• I have heard some people say that their bfp on the trigger was gone after 7 days past trigger.  So, I don't think it is that odd that yours is light now.  Mine unfortunately stayed nice and positive until 14 days past the trigger leading to a lot of false hope!  So, I think it is better if it goes away earlier.  Then you know if it turns positive later it is real.  Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also, it totally depends on the dye in the stick, how much is even there to turn bright.

Also, if you trigger one day, you have 10.000iu in your system, The next day, on average, it's down to approximately 5,000, then 2 days past it's 2,500, then 3 days past it's 1,250, four days past it's 625, etc.  I have personally not even found that my positives were particularly bright on my ICs the day following one of my microinjections when my hCG should have been around 500.  And the ICs were reliable to the extent you could see them lightening every day, and looked similar across months on equivalent days.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks!  The next day, it was only slightly lighter.  I guess I was expecting a big, dark line and was startled when it was so much slighter--I looked online at other people's before I peed, so I had me expectations kinda set.  :-P 

I use internet cheapies.

TTC since 6/02 (age 22) K/U instantly despite no AF for 5 months--preemie baby boy 1/03
    M/C 11/04 - M/C 05 - M/C 06 - BFP 2/08--fullterm baby girl 10/08 - M/C 4/11 - went to RE at age 31
    Stimmed cycle #1 C/P 7/11 - Stimmed cycle #2 C/P 8/11 - Stimmed cycle #4 C/P 10/11
    On Stimmed Cycle #5
    Always thought I'd be a "mom of many"--now just hoping to be a "mom of one or two more!"
  • Day 6--nearly invisible, but still there....

This 2WW is worse than most.  Well, most of them are aggravating but not stressful b/c most of my cycles stink so much that I know there's no chance for a BFP.  I guess I'm just a nutball when there's a chance at success.

On Stimmed Cycle #5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"