Postpartum Depression

questions...not sure what to do

My DD is 18 months and I feel like I may have PPD.  I've always been an anxious person, but I just haven't felt like myself lately.  I feel like it just hit me like a ton of bricks.  I have felt fine up to now.  Can you get postpartum 18 months after delivering?  Also, did anyone else get these feelings almost "out of the blue?'  I just made an appointment with my OB. TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: questions...not sure what to do

• I'm not sure at what point they don't consider it "postpartum" anymore. But, I imagine the treatment would be the same if it were that or just regular depression.

GL and hope you feel better soon! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • j_la83j_la83 member

Thanks.  I'm not sure either.  I'm still nursing, but I don't know if that matters or not. 

• Loading the player...
  • I think it can be considered postpartum up to a year after weaning.  Hope that helps!
  • hey girl i am still pregnant but i have had depression since my last miss carriage. it all started with anxiety. fear of death and that sorts. i saw a psycologist which helped. he had explained to me we all think it comes out of nowhere but it doesnt.  i have anxiety attacks to which i"m not sure how to handle but please dont keep it inside. make sure you have a good support system. someone you can tell everything too. and stay positive
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"