Food Allergy
Options

Transitioning off Alimentum?

My DS has been on alimentum since about 6 weeks old. His reflux has been doing great. No gas and very little spit up. He's also had yogurt and cheese without problems. I'm thinking of trying to transition off alimentum to see how he does. We have a pedi appointment on Monday so we will discuss it then, but just curious if anyone here has done it and what formula you recommend trying?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Transitioning off Alimentum?

• Options

We started on Similac Advanced which made him constipated from too much iron so, we then switched to Gerber Good Start. This gave him horrible gas and other tummy issues so, we then moved to Gerber Soy, at this point he developed eczema and acid reflux so, we used Alimentum and once it was confirmed that he had a milk/soy alergy, he was switched to Neocate and has been on that for a few months now and doing great. His acid reflux is rare and his eczema is almost gone.

I'm not sure if that helped but, I thought I would post it just in case it helps you or someone else. Good luck!!!

• Options
    We just transitioned our LO to Lactaid from Alimentum (he is 14 months).  He has been on Alimentum for 2 months since we discovered he has a soy allergy and dairy intolerance.  He was previously on SImilac sensitive which is supposedly really easy on the tummy...same with soy.  We did it slowly and put 2 ounces in his bottle for a few days then did 1/2 lactaid 1/2 alimentum.  GL with the formula you choose...maybe ask the pedi too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our DD was allergice to dairy and soy, and tollerated Allimentium well.  She stayed on that until she was 1 and then we transitioned to Rice Milk.
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I don't remember exactly when we did it, but we transitioned off Alimentum to the orange Similac (I think it's "Sensitive"). We just kept a close eye on them. They tolerated the switch better than I thought they might. We didn't mix the two kinds or anything, just went straight to whole bottles of Sensitive. GL!
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • Options

imagejillianjigs7:
    Our DD was allergice to dairy and soy, and tollerated Allimentium well.  She stayed on that until she was 1 and then we transitioned to Rice Milk.

This except we are going to start the transition to whole milk tomorrow. (My dd just turned 1 yesterday).

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"