Parenting after 35

Update - thyroid (NBR)

Well, nothing to really update. I had to see my primary care dr this morning for a BP follow-up (I've been off the meds for a month). BP was fine, so I brought up the thyroid. He said my number was 7 last time.  I told him I've been having some symptoms lately that could either be PP or thyroid-related, so he ran some follow-up blood work. I should have the results next week. 

I didn't expect him to re-run blood work. I already have an appt with an endocrinologist for next week, so I guess I'll see what these results yield & go from there. 

Thanks again, ladies. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Update - thyroid (NBR)

• It might be a good thing to have some recent test results when you go see the endocrinologist...that way they can give you some insight/start treatment if you need it, instead of saying, let's run some blood work and see what it says.  Good luck!

• imageSugarChick10:

Well, nothing to really update. I had to see my primary care dr this morning for a BP follow-up (I've been off the meds for a month). BP was fine, so I brought up the thyroid. He said my number was 7 last time.  I told him I've been having some symptoms lately that could either be PP or thyroid-related, so he ran some follow-up blood work. I should have the results next week. 

I didn't expect him to re-run blood work. I already have an appt with an endocrinologist for next week, so I guess I'll see what these results yield & go from there. 

Thanks again, ladies. 

7??!!  For me, when I was just under 7, I felt awful.  Listen to your body and be persistent if you're not getting answers.  GL!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageracampbell1:
    imageSugarChick10:

I already have an appt with an endocrinologist for next week, so I guess I'll see what these results yield & go from there. 

7??!!  For me, when I was just under 7, I felt awful.  Listen to your body and be persistent if you're not getting answers.  GL!

I poorly worded that paragraph. I'm keeping my endo appt. Yeah, the symptoms I've been having could be either PP or thyroid-related, but since my dad has a hypoactive thyroid I'm thinking I should be a little more vigilant. At the very least, I'll have more recent blood work to take with me next week to the endo appt. 

I might end up finding a new primary care doctor. He was pretty blase about the blood work results (7) back in April. He was kind of blase about the GIH that lingered postpartum. I'm surprised at his attitude, because he was great when I was sick with the never-ending sinus infection back in November when I was pregnant. 

• Right here with you...I just saw an Endocrinologist on thurs to get my thyroid checked.....I had DS 16 mos ago and something is just not right still. Dr is pretty sure it is thryoid but waiting on blood test to come back.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMrsKLS:
    Right here with you...I just saw an Endocrinologist on thurs to get my thyroid checked.....I had DS 16 mos ago and something is just not right still. Dr is pretty sure it is thryoid but waiting on blood test to come back.
    Good luck to you! I got my lab results from my primary care dr today. His office said they were "normal". I can't make heads or tales of the results (I know I can't find the "7" he mentioned last week). I'm keeping Thursday's endocrinologist.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"