Texas Babies
Options

Introduction!

Hi ladies!  I"ve been on the bump for a while and I don't know why I never stopped by this board before.  Anyway, I'm a 28 year old first time mom to an 11 week old.  I'm getting ready to go back to work next week which is a bit of a bummer - I'm going to miss my little guy!  I look forward to stopping by here and seeing what ya'll are up to and maybe, when DS gets a little older, meeting up for some playdates!  =)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Introduction!

• Options
    welcome!
  • Options

Congratulations on your new addition! How is everything going with a new 11 week old baby?

I'm 13 weeks preggo this Monday and so excited. It's our first baby.  

Mary  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks!  My LO just turned 13 weeks now.  This age is so much fun!  He's laughing, holding toys, playing and even STTN!  The only downside is now I have to go back to work.  My DH is a teacher so he will be watching DS for the next two months.  He will get to see more of the fun stuff and more sleep.  No fair!!

That's so exciting!  It really is a wonderful experience.  Every now and then I miss being pregnant!  So you are just getting to the 2nd tri?  Hope that means your MS has subsided!  And, what, maybe a little over a month before the big anatomy scan?  =)  Do you have any mother's intuition as to what you're having?  Everyone told me I was going to have a girl but I just knew we were having a boy.  Good luck!

• Options
    you and i must've had our lo's around the same time. i delivered on march 3rd and would definitely be interested in something of the playdate variety. she is my first as well and i don't really have any friends with small children so it would be nice to have a fellow bumpie to chat  with :) feel free to pm me anytime!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The m/s does seem to be getting a little better, but I was really sick. I had to get on medication and I am still taking it now. I'm slowly tapering off starting this week, so I guess I know soon.

From the beginning I thought it was a boy and last week (13.5 week) we went for another ultrasound appointment and the nurse said she's 95% it's a boy, but I'm trying not to get to excited about any one sex just in case.

When do you return to work? I'm sure it will be difficult to leave your little champ, but at least you know that he's home safe with you DH for the next 2 months. We're in planning mode right now, trying to figure out how long I can stay home and once I go back then what. 

Mary 

• Options
    @kge - We did!  A was born Feb 24th so he's just a week older than your LO!  What part of SA r u in?  It'll probably be a little bit before the kids are able to play, but it's definitely nice to be able to chat about what's going on.

@mary - sorry to hear about the MS.  My SIL had a similar situation.  Boys are great!  And they leave you second guessing the sono less ;)  I have a million sono pics labeled "boy parts!"  Well I'm back to work now & it's not as traumatic as I expected.  Once I get there & get going it's a little easier to be away.  Good luck getting everything squared away for your leave.
  • Options
    Hi ladies! I am also in the SA area. I delivered my little man March 8. He is not my first, but the closest one in age to him is 10 years. We'd love to meet with other moms and babies his age for playdates too. I'm sorry if I seem to have invited myself, I don't mean to come across as pushy, just think it'd be nice to have more friends with babies close in age. Until Miles was born, I was a working mom, now I stay at home and some adult conversation sounds nice. Hope to hear from y'all! Alexis
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"