Eco-Friendly Family

Fitteds for Newborns

so, i've been reading Poonico's blog on cloth diapers and it's been very helpful. she mentions (and others have too), that they really like fitteds for newborns. are there any particular brands that you ladies have found to be the best? reviews? thank you!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

Re: Fitteds for Newborns

• KL0 Kissaluv size 0.   Most of the other fitteds I didn't try at the newborn stage, but I would imagine B4 and Monkey Snuggles are good. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have some B4's (bububebe) and Goodmama's to try for NB stage. Mostly we'll be using prefolds though.  We didn't CD Addy from NB so I don't have any set opinions yet, but just sharing what I have on hand since I heard it's good to have a few fitteds.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageannie357s:
    KL0 Kissaluv size 0.   ...

This is what we used, too. And because we were short on cash, and knew they wouldn't fit for very long, we just rented them from Nell's Natural Baby. They were great!  Not a single blowout or leak!

PitaPata Cat tickers
  • A rental sounds like a great idea for newborn diapers!
  • Ditto KL0s.  They're so teeny tiny!  And they have an umbilical cord snap-down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We did KL0 rentals both times, and they worked well for both boys.  www.nellsnaturalbaby.com has the cheapest KL0 rental I could find.  Better off buying (used) if you plan on having another down the road and will be sticking with CD, but otherwise, it's an easy way to get it all done and ready to go pretty cheaply.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i've heard good things about the workhorse diapers from gmd.  they're basically a prefold that was turned into a fitted.  i've made several of those myself for the newborn stage, and used the darling diaper pattern to make some fitted newborn diapers too. 

this will be our first time cding a newborn so i'm really only planning to use fitteds for night time changes when i'm half asleep lol.  otherwise we're using prefolds.

• KL0's and Thirsties Fab Fitted. Love them!
    Natural M/C-> 10/21/09

2011 Reading Challenge

2011 Reading Challenge
    Adrienne has read 16 books toward her goal of 80 books.
    hide
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • aspadeaspade member

imagepapagena:
    We did KL0 rentals both times, and they worked well for both boys.  www.nellsnaturalbaby.com has the cheapest KL0 rental I could find.  Better off buying (used) if you plan on having another down the road and will be sticking with CD, but otherwise, it's an easy way to get it all done and ready to go pretty cheaply.

I agree.  The Nell's rental rocked.

A lot of people also like the Very Baby nb fitteds.  They're pretty cute, but pricey. 

• We primarily used KLO's.

If you can get your hands on then, S or XS BG Bamboo Fitteds are nice too (I only had a few of these vs 20 KLO's) but have been discontinued for over a year so you can only find them used. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • I've got some orange-edge GMD Workhorses for sale for $4 each.  I loved them for the NB stage!  PM me if you're interested.  :)
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"