April 2011 Moms
Options

Zumba!

Hey, all! 

I've been struggling with getting rid of my baby bump for the last 3 months, and I went to my first Zumba class last night! It was fun, even though I totally screwed up all the moves. There were enough people in the class that I didn't feel too self-conscious, and there were different ages (plenty of gray-haired ladies) and sizes of people, too. The best part is that I checked online to find out how many calories I could have burned, and apparently, 50 minutes can burn 450 calories!! That's way better than the 45 minutes of jogging/running I've been doing for 200 calories. Obviously, I haven't seen any results yet, but I felt pretty good afterward.

Just my 2 cents!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Zumba!

• Options
    I am so glad you posted this. LO was born on April 15th and I am still struggling to lose my baby bump too. People have even asked me when I am due...several times Embarrassed. It's embarassing and kind of hurts my feelings. I too have looked into Zumba but never gone b/c I was worried I wouldn't know how to do anything or dance the way the other women did. I think I may have to give it a shot now! I have only lost about 3 pounds other then what I lost initially from the delivery. I hope this works out for you and me! It's not the same as just being big b/c it is all in the stomach area and makes you still look pregnant :( I will be MORE then happy when I get rid of the "bump". Good luck and thanks for posting!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm in the same boat... I've lost all the pregnancy weight, but you wouldn't know it, because I still look preggers! It's all in my belly, too. Try to find a class at a big fitness center, if possible - that way you can hide while you're trying to learn the moves :) 

I also just ordered the BeFit-Mama DVD;it's supposed to target the underlying ab muscles that get ignored when you do crunches and the like. I'll definitely let the board know if it works!

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Zumba is soooooooooo much fun.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBeautifulSorta:

I'm in the same boat... I've lost all the pregnancy weight, but you wouldn't know it, because I still look preggers! It's all in my belly, too. Try to find a class at a big fitness center, if possible - that way you can hide while you're trying to learn the moves :) 

I also just ordered the BeFit-Mama DVD;it's supposed to target the underlying ab muscles that get ignored when you do crunches and the like. I'll definitely let the board know if it works!

Good luck! 

Sounds great thanks!  I'll be waiting for results!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"