April 2011 Moms

First day back at work. =(

I dropped my baby off at the sitters today.  I want to cry.  I was doing OK until I texted her and she said, "she is quiet for now".  I just picture my poor little girl screaming because she's in a new place and doesn't know anyone and is wondering why I abandoned her.  I feel tears coming.  I miss my baby and want to be with her right now.

Re: First day back at work. =(

• Aw! It's ok! Your baby has to learn a new person but will be so comforted when you get there and you guys will have lots of special time together. It's so hard the first few weeks but you can do it! Hugs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw - I'm sorry!  I know it's tough, but I can tell you that it does get a little easier (at least it has for me).  Just think about how happy she will be to see you when you pick her up.  Is she in a daycare with some other babies?  Hopefully they will keep her busy and entertained.  I know it sucks - you can do it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry you're having a rough day, that first day is never easy :( This is only my 3rd week back to work and it's definitely getting easier. My dh drops Liam off in the mornings though, I would never be able to - perhaps that could make it a little easier on you? Kestock is right, think about how happy she'll be when you pick her up this afternoon :)
  • It's hard, I definitely understand. I've been back for a month and a half and I can promise you LO is super happy to see me when I get home from work.  That little gummy smile when he first sees me makes my entire day worthwhile.  I try to focus on the things I will be able to provide to him that if I weren't working we wouldn't be able to do, like the nice home we live in, hopefully private education, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Awwww, (((hugs))).  The 1st day is always hard.  It gets a little easier each week.  I've been back at work for almost 2mos, but each day I still hate to leave her.  That said, I don't get teary anymore when I drop her off.  It helps me that I have lots of pics on my phone to scroll through when I'm missing her like crazy.  I have a pic of her on my desk & my screensaver is a pic of her.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hang in there. I suspect I'll be posting something very similar when I go back next week.

((Hug))

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• I feel your pain!  I made it 2 weeks back at work and quit. I couldn't handle it. I am such a wimp  Indifferent 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry :-( I'm heading home right now after teaching night class... The nights that Jared and I both teach, the sitter used to come to Jared's work and he and the art center would split the babysitter's pay, but Liam was so fussy one week, we decided to have her start coming to our house.

If we're both working in the morning, she comes when I'm getting ready for work, and I'm doing my last minute stuff--pumping, putting on make-up, and in the evening she comes a few minutes before I leave for work while I'm pumping.

The "hand-off" is the worst. Today, Liam was in her arms and being so good, and then I said something, and it was like he realized I was still at home and she was holding him, and he did that little blubbering cry with tears. It's so sad.

(Of course, I took the time to write this from my blissfully silent empty classroom, so obviously I love me some alone time :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"