Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Babywearing help please!

I want to be a babywearer- please help me figure out what the best carrier is for us. :) I have a Moby wrap that I was so excited to use, and baby girl pretty much hates it. She does not like to be confined at all, so being all tucked in there is not her style. She needs to be out and seeing the world. I'd love an Ergo or Beco, but that's not in the budget right now- I'm looking for less $100. She prefers to be facing out, so it has to have that capability. Some kind of ring sling maybe? What about the Sakura Blooms (in linen to stay within budget)? Do you think this would work with my independent, nosey baby? :)

Other suggestions are welcome!

imageimage
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

Re: Babywearing help please!

• Options

Sleeping Baby Productions sells ring slings at a great price.

https://www.sleepingbaby.net/products.php

She has a lot of info on her site about ring slings in general. I just got a mesh water sling from her and love it.

I have a LilleBaby SSC carrier that I need to get rid of (we have way too many carriers!). It's similiar to a Beco/Ergo and can be used with the baby facing out. It is brown. PM me if you are interested.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have a Moby, Ergo & a Snuggybaby ring sling.  For the newborn stage I used the Moby a tiny bit and the Ergo with the infant insert.  Once she could hold her head well she just did NOT want to be facing in towards me and also wanted to see the world so that's when I got the ring sling.  Now the ring sling is all we use but one of these days I'll try the Ergo again but on my back so maybe she likes that more than on my chest.

However, my son LOVED the Ergo and we still carry him from time to time in it (he's almost 3).  Apparently he didn't care about being able to see :)  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think a ring sling would work. Ds went through a stage at about 3 months where he only wanted to be facing out. I got a woven wrap around that time and he started to like it and not insist on facing out. You can also do a high back carry with a woven and I think a mei tai so they can see better. I recommend this site for baby wearing info. https://www.becomingmamas.com/babywearing-2/ sorry, I can't make it clicky. Thebabywearer.com is another great resource.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I was just lurking over here, but thought I would chime in. I made my own ring sling using these instructions from Maya Wrap:

https://www.mayawrap.com/n_sewsling.php

I spent less than $30 total for rings from SlingRings.com and 2.5 yards of fabric at JoAnn's (using their 40% off coupon from the Sunday circular). The sewing is just straight lines, so it's a fairly easy project.

Jacob and Melissa | Sept. 3, 2007 | Riviera Maya, Mexico

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My Knot Bio | My Nest Bio
  • Options
    I really love our ergo. We still use it with our almost 2 year old and I don't have much experience elsewise but just wanted to suggest looking for whatever you decide to get used. In addition to swap spot here and eBay I'd also suggest checking spots corner on hyena cart. There is one of those daily deal websites like babysteals that has them somewhat frequently. The ergo isn't made to be worn to face forward though as I think you know.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

Have you tried just doing front-facing with the wrap? I know I can get my little guy facing front in mine and he rather enjoys it.

On a side note, when we do shopping around nap time, my daughter requests to "take a nap on my back", meaning she wants to go in the Ergo and sleep.  She's over 35 lbs at 28 months, but this is the best solution to actually getting errands done.  Little Man stays in the car seat in the cart and Little Girl goes on my back.  Relative peace and quiet for Mama.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD hates the moby and mai teis (sp?) too...she liked facing out. We did the Bjorn Active a lot for shorter trips, and when she got bigger (head and torso control)...I really liked the ring sling that I made myself. If we have another one, I think I'm going to go with the Ergo, because I'll need to carry a lot more with a toddler. You can get them pretty well priced used at consignment stores and craigslist.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We have the Moby and the Baby Bjorn and I use both depending on my daughter's mood. If she is sleepy then the Moby is preferred, but if she wants to look around or if we're ina hurry then I like the convenience of the Baby Bjorn.
    Courtney Tweet Me @mamasheels www.mamasheels.com
  • Options

imageMamasHeels:
    We have the Moby and the Baby Bjorn and I use both depending on my daughter's mood. If she is sleepy then the Moby is preferred, but if she wants to look around or if we're ina hurry then I like the convenience of the Baby Bjorn.

The Baby Bjorn is a crotch dangle carrier and can be bad for baby.  OP whatever you get just make sure you LO has their knees above their butt in frog-legged position.  The Beco Gemini is a great investment and allows LO to face out but still have their knees up.  We just got ours a couple of weeks ago and love it.  I have an Ergo too and like that one for different reasons. but if you want one that will do everything I say spring for the Beco if you can!

Also, check out the AP board as they have lots of great advice on BWing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"