Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Anyone use Enfamil A.R.?

I know some spit-up is normal but I feel that sometimes DS is spitting up excessively.  I'm thinking about trying Enfamil A.R.  Has anyone tried this with their LO?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone use Enfamil A.R.?

• We use it. We were on every formula under the sun, and our son's GI doctor put him on the AR to help with reflux symtoms.  He's been on it about 6 weeks (longer than any othe formula) and he seems to be doing well on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried it but there was no difference... not until we got him on Zantac.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS would spit up constantly. He would spit up all day, so we switched to the A.R. We had really great results the 3 months we used it, he only spit up maybe 1-2x's per day. The only downside was he got really had constipation. At 4 months we spoke with the pedi and he said give him prune juice and green veggie solids, and if that doesn't help then we should switch formula because the constipation is worse for him. The prune juice and green veggies worked great. We ended up switching formula anyway at 5 months, because B grew out of spitting up and now will only do it a couple times each day. I would recommend A.R just be cautious of constipation. Similac also makes a formula for spitting up, called Similac Sensitive if you wanna check that out. HTH sorry so long
    lilypie First Birthday tickers
    image image
    MY BLOG A Stay At Home Moms Search For All Things Sensational
  • We use it and love it.  Our LO still spits up to where it goes down my back and on to the floor.  We found that if you wait a few minutes before you burp them they dont spit up as much.  Also our LO loves that its thicker and she seems to be satisfied where the other formulas didnt seem to make her happy.
  • We used Enfamil AR for the first 3 months or so. Tried to breastfeed, unsuccessful, early diagnosis of acid reflux so she was on that formula before she was two weeks old.

The formula helped and kept her off medication til she was about 3 months. The symptoms worsened so the pedi gave her medication. We noticed that it helped but the spit up seemed excessive to us still, and it always looked half digested.

We switched to Soy this week (Enfamil Prosobee) and the change has been tremendous. She sleeps better in the day time, and her spit up doesnt resemble Rorschach blots.

• We use it exclusively. DD still spits up but not nearly as much. We also try to burp often during each bottle, every ounce or two (out of 4 or 5).
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We used it and it made my LOs constipated where they were crying. We changed to soy and it's helped greatly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"