Baby Names

Honest opinions please!

Tell me what you think of the name Keith James.

As a way to get Emma for my DD i promised my husband that if we had a boy he can use his all time favorite name Keith. I just am not sure how I feel about it. TIA. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Honest opinions please!

• I think it is a very nice spelled correctly non trendy name!
  • My honest opinion is if I promised my husband he could use a name, I'd let him use it. It's not like he chose an odd name. Keith James is a nice, normal name.
    ~ Married 14 years and counting ~
    Chandler 11/2000 ~ Bronwyn 6/2002 ~ Grayson 3/2010 ~ Matilda/Till 6/2012
    IAmPregnant Ticker
    BFP 10/20/11 ::sticky dust::
    BFP 9/11/11 - m/c 9/25/11 5w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Keith is NMS either, but there's nothing wrong with it.  If you already promised him that you would use it, I wouldn't go back on it. 
    "I know not all that may be coming, but be it what it will, I'll go to it laughing."

• Keith is a fine name. Paired with James, I think that it is a great choice for your son.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image image
  • mama31mama31 member
    I am not fond of Keith.  I do like James.  How about James Keith instead?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I think it's a perfectly nice name. You got Emma. It's only fair that you follow through.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • I've always liked the name Keith.  It doesn't work with our ln, but it's a great name, not too common, and spelled correctly! 
  • I don't like it, but I love James.
  • not a fan of keith.

james is okay.

• It sounds somewhat dated, but honestly, it's a nice, normal name.  I think it sounds good with Emma too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a classic name. It's spelled correctly, and it will suit an adult, which he'll be for the vast majority of his life.

That said, I'm torn. On the one hand, you made a promise. If you didn't intend to keep it, you shouldn't have made it. Maybe you thought you'd never have a boy and if you did, Keith would grow on you. On the other hand, I don't think you should name your kid something if you don't like it a lot. I didn't say love, because there aren't really any boy names I love love love either, but you should like it.

FWIW, I have kind of a similar agreement in mind. I want Ainsley for a girl, and would give my husband more rights to name a boy in exchange. But, of course, I fear he'd pick something I wasn't at least 95% in agreement with.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • no offense but i think that's pretty silly. i don't like the name, sorry. :(
  • imagecatch2010:
    Keith is NMS either, but there's nothing wrong with it.  If you already promised him that you would use it, I wouldn't go back on it. 

This! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I like it! I've always liked Keith and it sounds great with James.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've never liked Keith.

I believe there was actually a Family Guy episode about how Keith is the ugliest boy name ever, sorry! 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• fraseyfrasey member

Honestly I think Keith is one of the worst names out there. Id rather name my son Jayden than Keith.

What about as a middle name? James Keith is less horrible. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Nothing wrong with it. Just a bit boring.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• *I* don't like Keith at all but it's a normal name so Yes
    * DS1...allergic to dairy, peanuts, eggs and turkey *

love is for every her, love is for every him, love is for everyone
  • So....you're saying you proposed a compromise to get what you wanted and now you're trying to get out of it?

I don't think you can go back on it unless your husband decides he doesn't like Keith anymore.  Talk to him about it.  No need to get confrontational, just "Honey I was wondering, are you still set on Keith or should we start looking at boys names?"  It'll open up the conversation.

• I'm not a fan at all.  Does it have family significance or does he just like it?  Could it be converted to a middle name?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sounds like a bad country singer, sorry
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"