Detroit Babies
Options

new mom, dumb question

ok so i know this is going to sound so insanely stupid lol... so prepare yourself :)

When you buy a travel system stroller/car seat, does it come with the docking system for the car? (is it even called a docking system..?) the thing the baby carseat sits in to secure it to the actual car seat.

I'm looking at some on babiesrus.com and not sure if the docking system comes as part of the package deal or not. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new mom, dumb question

• Options

The base is even in most travel system pictures if you look close.

• Options

Step 1: Click on the travel system you are looking at online.

Step 2: Read the description.  It will say if it comes with the base.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageballerina06:

Step 1: Click on the travel system you are looking at online.

Step 2: Read the description.  It will say if it comes with the base.

Put a little swagger in your strolls with the fun design of the Graco Stylus Travel System - Ben. It includes everything you need to effortlessly take your baby from road trips to day trips: Stylus Stroller, SnugRide 35 Infant Car Seat, and stay-in-car base. 

GASP...it worked!

• Options
    really? that wasn't necessary. thanks for the "help". i admitted myself im new to all things baby... theres nicer ways to say things.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure they all come with one base.  But, you'll probably want another one for your FI's car.  We were a little over kill and actually have two extra bases, so three total.  One for my car, DH's car, and my mom's car.

Then, after all of that, we only used our infant seat for 3.5 months.  Ugh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    They do come with a base and we also bought an extra one for DHs car (we used ours till13 months) but I would highly suggest going to the store and looking at the strollers. I was not a fan of our travel system but I know others love them. Buy Buy Baby has a great selection and will help you find a stroller that feels right for you. A lot of other strollers have adaptors that will work with a carseat. Good luck and have fun registering!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

thanks girls. i think we are planning to keep one vehicle baby friendly, our durango. FI has 3 children, and its already a tight squeeze in my cobalt so the durango has become the family car. so i think we will only need one base... especially to only use it for a few months.

im gathering my online registry list but definitely plan to finalize it all in-store. 

• Options
    Hi there. Definitely try out the travel systems before you buy. I found them to be very heavy and bulky. If you buy an infant carrier separately, they come with the base. We only needed one base as DS outgrew the infant carrier pretty quickly. Good luck!
    Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options
    I agree about checking out the travel systems (even though that wasnt your question :)  I hated the stroller that came with ours and weve used it about one time.  i just wanted to add that if you are going to be using one "family" car if you ever have to put the carseat in a different car there are directions on some of the infant seats to use the carseat without the base.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageklreese0213:
    really? that wasn't necessary. thanks for the "help". i admitted myself im new to all things baby... theres nicer ways to say things.
    Yeah that was pretty uncalled for yet NOT surprising at.all.
  • Options

Thanks so much ladies for all the helpful feedback. i'm in shock with all things baby, and pretty excited... but i will definitely admit i'm VERY overwhelmed when it comes to picking stuff out.

it's definitely a good idea to test the strollers out in stores. 

• Options
    imageklreese0213:

it's definitely a good idea to test the strollers out in stores. 

This is what really sealed the deal for us on our stroller. We went in to check out a totally different one, but after pushing it around and folding it up and trying to lift it a few times we decided on something different.

I don't know exactly where you are, but I would recommend trying to get to a buy buy baby.  They tend to have a bigger selection of strollers in stock than babies r us (at least that was true at the ones closest to us.) Another thing that I liked that BBB would let us take the strollers out to try to put them into our trunk to see how easy it would be for us. Some of the strollers that we okay to break down, were heavy/awkward to get into our trunk.

• Options
    i think i recall you saying this once before. We drop FI's kids off in canton and drive by BBB ALL the time and i always get onto Fi about stopping in! one day i'll convince him! (it's a large store and since his car accident it's hard for him to walk around - browse- such a large store)
  • Options

imageklreese0213:
    i think i recall you saying this once before. We drop FI's kids off in canton and drive by BBB ALL the time and i always get onto Fi about stopping in! one day i'll convince him! (it's a large store and since his car accident it's hard for him to walk around - browse- such a large store)

It can be super overwhelming. The way we worked our registry was that we picked one big item per weekend to research and then go look at in stores. One week car seats, one for crib mattress, one for glider, etc. That made it more manageable and we weren't trying to tackle the whole store in one visit. 

• Options

The BBB in canton is about the same size as the babys r us in Taylor that I went to. Its not super big but does have a better selection of everything for baby. I really like the Graco infant seat and stroller that we got. We originally had a chicco picked out and registered for it and didnt get it. My ex sister in law had it and I really liked it when I used it for her children... we got a cheap one at our shower and hated the latch for the infant seat -- it was a safety first and was a pain to latch the little guy in when he was very small. 

Yet the Graco we have came with the base and I like everything about it. I can get it in and out of my car easy by myself even if I have my Lo and dog to go for a walk.  

Photobucket
  • Options

Thanks liljoshua, that's helpful into.

kbaby- that's a good idea. Fi is more along the lines of me doing the research and presenting him with the few i like then him helping decide from there lol- men.

• Options

imagecoganh83:
    imageklreese0213:

As surprising as the fact that once again you try to get into the middle of drama without providing any help to the OP

• Options
    imageMrsRenee:

imagecoganh83:
    imageklreese0213:

As surprising as the fact that once again you try to get into the middle of drama without providing any help to the OP

Because i dont need to repeat what other people said. Pointless. Thanks for noticing.
  • Options
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Because i dont need to repeat what other people said. Pointless. Thanks for noticing.

Good call, Heather. Don't want to be helpful or contribute anything other than drama. That would run you the risk of giving away all the tips in your best selling baby tip book.

• Options
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Good call, Heather. Don't want to be helpful or contribute anything other than drama. That would run you the risk of giving away all the tips in your best selling baby tip book.

Im glad you understand! Now go workout kfatty and go be miserable elsewhere. Nobody likes you here. And writing and selling a book is way cooler/accomplishing than anything you'll do in your whole pathetic life. Don't get surprised if people get personal with you if you offend them. Expect it.
  • Options
    imagecoganh83:
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Im glad you understand! Now go workout kfatty and go be miserable elsewhere. Nobody likes you here. And writing and selling a book is way cooler/accomplishing than anything you'll do in your whole pathetic life. Don't get surprised if people get personal with you if you offend them. Expect it.

Are you Fvcking kidding me???  The OP would like some advice on a travel system and you have the nerve to call people out?  Why not say somethig contructive, why are you always destructive? 

You have a lot of negative comments, that are always uncalled for.  I usually just ignore it, but this is the third one that I can think of off the top of my head.  If you don't like the girls on TB or TN, stay the hell away.  You aren't helping anyone, you are being bitchy and rude.  Get over yourself already.

• Options
    imagemary811:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Are you Fvcking kidding me???  The OP would like some advice on a travel system and you have the nerve to call people out?  Why not say somethig contructive, why are you always destructive? 

You have a lot of negative comments, that are always uncalled for.  I usually just ignore it, but this is the third one that I can think of off the top of my head.  If you don't like the girls on TB or TN, stay the hell away.  You aren't helping anyone, you are being bitchy and rude.  Get over yourself already.

Agree with everything Mary said!  And name calling?!  Really?!  Time to grow up.  I don't get why you keep coming on these boards.  You stir up drama and then get all upset because people call you out on it. 

p.s. I like KBaby :) 

• Options
    imageMrsRenee:
    imagemary811:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Agree with everything Mary said!  And name calling?!  Really?!  Time to grow up.  I don't get why you keep coming on these boards.  You stir up drama and then get all upset because people call you out on it. 

p.s. I like KBaby :) 

Who the fvck do you think you are?  The ONLY time you post is for drama and to say nasty mean sh!t to people.  I can say a hell of a lot about you, but you know what?  I have class.  Grow up.  Kbaby is one of the NICEST people I have ever met in my life.  If I didn't have her support both on and off the board I would probably lose my mind.  I wish I was 1/4th the mother she is.  You pulled this *** on the nest and now you are pulling it on the bump.  Just do us all a favor and leave.

Gabriel Joseph 6/13/2010
    BFP#2: 8/14/11 M/C 8/30/11 6w1d
    BFP #3: 10/26/11
    Beta #1 @11dpo: 22 Beta #2 @13dpo: 90 Beta #3 @17dpo: 480
    Missed m/c 12w3d 12/28/11, d&c 12/30/11
    dx Homozygous C677T MTHFR image image
  • Options
    Wow.  I like Kbaby too.  So that's three people right there to ruin the theory. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagecoganh83:
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

Yes, clearly kbaby sounds like the miserable one here. I used to feel bad for you, but you are digging your own hole. Kbaby is actually very nice and helpful. Just don't eff with her!
  • Options
    imagecoganh83:
    imageKBabySmiles:
    imagecoganh83:
    imageMrsRenee:

hahahaha. This is awesome! 

I love that you continue to prove how dumb and childish you are. Every time i think you have reached your peak you top it. Congratulations. I haven't even met you and i'm pretty sure i can safely say you are the dumbest person i know. 

Nobody likes kbaby here? Really? Look around Heather. 

You want to call everyone ugly (inside and out) - why don't you pull up your most recent posts (let me know if you need help figuring out that simple task) and see what you continue to post - negativity and name calling.  You are a wonderful example for your children. When you write your how to raise a child book you can add that as a tip - when someone doesn't agree with you just call them fat or ugly.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one is around to hear it does it make a sound?
    If an idiot write a book and no one reads it is cool and an accomplishment? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

You were repeatedly reported by me for breaking the rules by trying to sell your book and other things. Now that we have have bump gods that actually do something I will be reporting this new screen name.

I don't get why you can't just give up on sh*t. Learn to be a bigger person and walk away. Name calling just makes you look even more immature. I get that Kbaby could have been nicer in her response to the OP but the OP got over it and moved on. You had no place coming into this post to start drama. 

by the way I still like Kbaby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"