Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Ugh, constipation

Ok, so I haven't posted in FOREVER, but I need some advice....

My lo will only have a BM 1 to 2 times a week, and its always hard (think dog turds ((sorry)) )

We've done prunes, prune juice, apple juice, suppositories, bicycle legs, belly rubs, warm baths, and we JUST started Kyro syrup. We've talked to her pedi and she said keep doing the suppositories and kayo..

Have any of you experience this? What did you do that helped? I feel SO bad for her...

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :)  

Re: Ugh, constipation

• Sounds like you've tried a lot. What is she eating that could possibly be causing this? Did you switch formulas or something? Maybe it's that.

I usually just figure that fiber is good for adults to go to the bathroom, so it must be good for babies. If you can give her some fresh blueberries, or other ripe fresh fruit like peaches, it might help. (Fresh fruit has all the fiber)

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD LOVES mango . . . loaded with fiber and ALWAYS makes her poop! It may be worth a shot with your LO!

Good luck! 

Mmmm.... cake!Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • This is our situation, too. I stick with all p fruits and veggies (prunes, peaches, pears, peas, etc.) and she also loves mango, but nothing seems to help. She's a super water drinker, and we limit binding foods (dairy, rice, bananas)...nothing seems to help. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it, but our pedi suggested infant laxative drops when needed. He said Little Tummys. We've used them and they def work, though we'd prefer not to use them regularly. I'd suggest trying them to just get things started for her. Our pedi said 0.75 ml twice a day. GL!
  • Things that have helped for us... I have started limiting the snack foods made for babies. If she has a lot of puffs, mum mum, ect then she tends to have trouble. We do mostly fruits and veggies, if she gets bread it is whole grain that is high in fiber, and we get YoBaby yogurt. She gets a little cheese on occasion but not a lot of it. No bananas or apples. Snacks she gets cheerios (regular or apple cinnamon) or yogurt melts. The one thing that made a big difference is I started giving her pear juice daily. She will not drink it plain so I added it in to her first 2 bottles. Once we got her a little more regular I started giving her a bit less. We bought the baby juice and we were giving her 3-4oz a day, now she gets 1.5-2oz.
  • https://stoolhealth.com/do-bananas-cause-constipation/

try super ripe bananas. Ive heard that bananas are almost a perfect food. Good for diarrhea and constipation. Good Luck... 

• Yogurt, prunes, and making sure that she has water in her sippy daily has been our go-to combination.
    imageimage
  • We've had the same problem with our LO, especially if he eats bananas more than one day in a row. We give him prunes on a regular basis and I have started putting a tsp. of ground flaxseed in his food at every meal. It has really helped.
    image image

• Wow, thank you all SO much! I'll try it all! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"