Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Team green people - what color are you painting the nursery?

DS' room is green (also didn't know what we were having with him) and I am pretty certain I don't want to go with yellow or ivory because I think we already have a lot of that in our house, which pretty much just leaves blue.  I don't mind the idea of a blue room, but don't want it to seem boyish if we have a girl.
Baby Boy #1 born on 3/21/08 
BFP 8/2/10 (3w5d); No more heartbeat on 8/30/10 (7w4d); D&C on 9/2/10 (8w) - Baby Boy with Triploidy
BFP 12/3/10 (4w2d); Natural miscarriage 12/12/10 (5w4d) - Unknown cause
Diagnosed with Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
BFP 3/9/11; Baby Boy #2 born on 11/7/11
Currently TTC Baby #3

Re: Team green people - what color are you painting the nursery?

• Options

Once I was allowed to pick the color of my room I always picked a light blue. 

We are not going to be team green, but painted the room that is the nursery when we were renovating and we did it in tan/brown.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options

What if you did a pale grey with punches of color?  I'm not team green or to the point of painting a nursery, but this has totally inspired me:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/70980133/curl-branch-tree-with-animals-nursery 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about gray?  Are you going to decorate for the gender after the birth?  Red accents would be nice if you are decorating before the birth.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
    BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
    BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
    Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A light turquoise
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

I?m not Team Green, but I am doing a gender neutral nursery to use for more than one kid.

The walls will be a tan/light brownish color and the bedding and accents throughout the room are green, brown, white, and a splash of blue.

I think blue could definitely work for a girl, just use other colors in the accents, purple, yellow, pink, etc.

BFP #1 4/22/10 MC 5/5/10 (6w4d) EDD 12/25/10
    BFP #2 10/19/10 CP 10/27/10 (4w6d) EDD 6/30/11
    BFP #3 5/10/11 Lucas Abelardo born 12/29/11 at 37w3d
    BFP #4 12/10/12 MMC 1/14/13 (9w3d) D&C 1/15/13 EDD 8/16/13 

BFP #5 8/22/13 Lucia Elizabeth born 4/17/14 at 38w

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I live blue walls for a girl. You can still add tons of girlie colours as accents.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    We're team green, and are leaving the room the same color it is already-dark chocolate brown (there are loads of windows so it is brighter than it sounds) with bright white woodwork. Accent colors are gray and orange. Nontraditional colors, but we have so much green and green-based colors in the rest of the house it just seemed silly to paint another room green or yellow. Good luck!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    ::::Butting in::::  I am not team green and our baby boy's nursery is going to be sage green.  I think a really nice bright blue with orange accents would work really well for a girl or a boy.  Maybe another color to consider is gray along with a blue and a strip pattern.  GL
    BFP 1: 08Aug10, EDD: 14Apr11, D&E 11Sep10 BFP 2: 29Jan11, EDD: 12Oct11, DS born 07Oct11!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm not even pregnant yet, but a friend of mine painted her nursery an orange color because they were also team green.  Afterwards, you can add accents of any color to match the sex of your baby! 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options

It is already painted a bluish green.  The baby will only be in that room for a year or two, then we'll move LO upstairs to his/her permanent room.  We're leaving LO downstairs for a while since our room is downstairs.

• Options

Top is Sea Tickle and the bottom is something Timber (Lindhurst?) by Valspar.

bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    Our nursery is a slate blue color... maybe even a little more on the blue side. I love the color and think it is plenty neutral for a boy or girl. However, I also don't like pink. Haha
    TTC since January 2010
    BFP 5/9/10. U/S - no heartbeat 6/2/10 (7 weeks). Induced miscarriage 6/7/10.
    Chemical pregnancies 12/2/10, 1/3/11, and 2/7/11.
    dx: RPL due to poor quality uterine lining; begin progesterone January 2011
    BFP 3/10/11. EDD 11/19/11. E arrived 11/15/11!

Loss Blog | Life Blog

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I think turquoise is a good option.  It's bright and goes really well with pink if you decide to add some pink accent pieces.

I was thinking about doing an sea theme that way blue walls would make sense whether it's a girl or boy. 

BFP#1: 7/23/10, EDD 4/1/11, MC/DNC 9/29/10(14wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#2: 1/12/11 CP (6 Weeks)
    BFP#3: 6/26/11, EDD 3/4/12, Natural MC 8/5/11 (10wks) Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    We were team green- nursery has white beadboard on the lower half and a pale/medium blue on top. Natural wood furniture. We'll add pink sheets now that we know it's a girl. We also have beachy accents- starfish & sandsollars on the wall, plus beach pictures from my hometown, my grandparents summer place & dh's home town. I'm really happy with it being blue although it's a baby girl in there.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options

Nursery is tan. I use wall decals to decorate that way later on down the road I don't have to repaint!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Just stumbled upon this:

https://www.ohdeedoh.com/ohdeedoh/my-room/my-room-emmaportland-or-152592

Such a cheerful color!  Of course, uses lots of yellow, too.

Our nursery has yellow walls with a green carpet. We're using a lot of green and blue in the room.  I love the way the three colors work together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We went Orange, with green trim and an animal theme..... without the animals it could look a little Halloween.... will try to postal pic later
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first angel, 10/24/08 7w6d
    Proud mama to Cameron
    Lost our second angel, 2/16/11 8w
    Proud mama to Melanie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"