Detroit Babies
Options

Tigers Game with LO

I am thinking about taking my LO who is 6 months to a Tigers game... Any suggestions from ppl who have done this already to what is the best way to go about this? 

I am not a big Tigers fan, but enjoy going to the games and thought it would be a nice family activity.

Also -- has anyone taken their LO to a Red Wings Game? I really want to do this since I am a big time hockey fan but havent looked into it yet since its not off season -- Kinda sad LO is going to miss Ozzie and Kris Drapper! lol.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Photobucket

Re: Tigers Game with LO

• Options

We had a family outing (my cousins and their kids as ours isn't here yet) this weekend... It was planned a while ago before we knew what the weather was going to be like... I highly suggest that if you are going to go in the near future to either go to a night game with it will be cooler for your LO or wait until the weather cools down all together. It was so miserably hot out for everyone, the kids were miserable from the start and they have been going to the games since they were born! (Gabrielle was 2 weeks at her first game!)  Infact, all the kids we saw there were crying and hot! I know when you go into the ball park, you can pack as many snacks for LO that your bag can hold, (that is what they told us, and the formula has to be made already, or in powder format, you can't bring water in for some reason...maybe b/c they sell it...) We found it easier to put Gabby in a Carrier vs a Stroller....

As for a hockey game, you that should be fine any time, it's not hot in an ice rink :)!

Enjoy your outing as a family!! They should be very fun!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You are allowed to bring in bottled water, the bottles just have to be unopened.  If you have a kid, you can pretty much put anything in the diaper bag. The security at the gate checking bags are pretty lenient with kids bags, especially if it's a baby.

We've taken DD to 1 game so far. It was a night game and she made it to about the 6th inning and started to get cranky so we left.  I think you just need to be flexible and be prepared to leave early or spend some time walking the concourse. There is an air conditioned bar on the third level that is open to the public if the game is too hot, you can go in there for a bit to cool off.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree its too hot now but its a fun idea! If you guys get bored you can at least walk around and go to the carousel!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"