March 2012 Moms

How did you tell your SO?

I asked him how many lines he saw. He said, "one." I said, "look closer!" He didn't believe it till he saw the digital.

Last time tho I wrapped up the positive HPT in a gift box. He was like, "you didn't have to get me a present." So I said, "well actually, you gave something to me!" He didn't believe me that time either. He can be a bit slow sometimes. :)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: How did you tell your SO?

• salt78salt78 member

Hahaha the digital is what made mine understand too.

I found out in the morning when he had already gone off to work so I spent all day trying to come up with a cute/creative way to tell him. But then he called about an hour before leaving work and said "I heard you taking your temperature this morning...is everything okay?" and I was like "yes everything is fine!" and he was like "Are you pregnant??" Then I called him a giant surprise ruiner. :)

So yeah...I told him on the phone which was neither cute or creative.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm a creative fail.  I told DH to go see what my pee stick said in the bathroom while I was getting DD changed.  his response was "what do 2 lines mean?" lol.

The next day I took a digital to confirm & sent him a picture & he asked why there weren't 2 lines.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    A picture is worth a thousand words. I'd bet money your words are ignorant.
  • Loading the player...
  • I took mine while DH was still sleeping and woke him up to show him. He opened a bleary eye, stared at it a moment, then was like "Ok."

Confused  Sigh.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I woke him up at the unGodly hour of 4:15 in the morning to tell him the news.  I would have waited until 6am when he usually gets up but I couldn't hold in the excitement.  After I broke the news to him, he just stared at me like I grew a third eye.  When he had a chance to wake up a little he wanted to see the positive test.  The 2nd line was barely showing so he didn't believe me at all.  He thought I was being paranoid and went back to bed!  Confused

• The 1st time around (pg with DS) I took the test while he was at work. We had plans to meet out for dinner that night so I bought a book for expectant father's and put it on his chair at the restaurant. He came to sit down, picked it up and was like, "What is this?" Ha!

This time it was 2 years to the day that I got my BFP for DS, but I was expecting a BFN because I felt like I was having AF symptoms. He was out of town for work. I  had a couple of digitals in the house and I took one because I wanted to eat some raw cookie dough (I know, I love sweets, have to eat healthier). It was a BFP! So I texted him a fun reminder about 2 years ago and then sent him a text pic of the digital positive and said HAPPY ANNIVERSARY x2!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • With #1 he tested with me so he knew right away.

This time he was OOT so I made a slideshow with pics of us through the years and LO and told him I was "practicing for LO's 1st bday slideshow"... the last slide was the + test with a caption that said "And now we become a family of FOUR" with my EDD. He was so surprised! :)

• We went to a Phillies game a week after I ovulated. So technically I was pregnant but didn't know it. We had our picture taken while we were there so I put a caption of "Baby's First Phillies Game" on it and set it as our background on our computer.

He kept looking back and forth from the picture to me. I didn't think he understood what it meant.

Me: You don't get it do you?

DH: I think I do, your not pregnant are you?

Me: *crying all over myself and nodding my head.*

Lots of hugging and crying together

DH: How did this happen?

Me: Hmm You stuck your penis in my vagina. Don't you remember?

Then he wanted to call everyone and their mother so I had to hide his phone lol.

• Totally planned on being creative but when I took the test I was just playing around, I didn't expect anything (we haven't had AF since the m/c) so seeing "Pregnant" pop up shocked me too much to think strait!  I came down stairs, showed him the test, and said something along the lines of "How the heck did this happen?"  Happy of course, since we were trying, but very shocked!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs Nice:

I asked him how many lines he saw. He said, "one." I said, "look closer!" He didn't believe it till he saw the digital.

This exactly! I took it while he was still sleeping and when he woke up, I showed it to him....the line was so faint and he was so groggy. Haha. I had my blood drawn that day and confirmed it at the doc's.
    History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I thought I saw a second line on an IC on 6/23. DH agreed that he thought there was something there, but it was so light that we agreed that we shouldn't get excited about it. The next morning, I pulled out another IC and the big gun...my CBE digital. He came into the bathroom as the results were registering. We were watching the IC and having the exact same debate as the night before as to whether or not there was a second line, when "pregnant" popped up on the digi. We both stopped mid-sentence and stood there staring at it for what seemed like an eternity before either of us were able to react. I'll never forget it.
    BFP #1 on 6/23/11. Missed m/c. D&C on 8/18/11. BFP #2 on 1/1/12!EDD=9/13/12-Hang on baby! image
  • I tested first thing in the morning, so he was still sleeping. I went and woke him up and he was so annoyed! LOL. I said, "I tested...do you want to see it?" He said "uhhh..." So I handed him the pee stick, he looked at it and said "does this mean you're pregnant?" I said yes, he hugged me, then went back to sleep!
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• We tested together and didn't see anything right away.  I was like, okay guess I'm not.  We left the test and checked one more time after 3 minutes had passed.  Dh said, wait I think I might see something!  It was very faint, so we immediately ran out and bought a digital which said "Pregnant."

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bought my husband a book for expectant fathers (something about cavemen..?) and put a bib that said "I love Daddy" on top of the book. Last night, when he opened it, he took the book out and the bib had fallen off. He kept looking at the book and then the bib and then was obviously looking for a HPT. Then he started dancing around the room!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i tested while bf was still asleep too. i was pretty sure that we were KU, so the day before while i was at Walmart, i bought a bib that said "i love daddy" and a card that said "congratulations". i put the test and the bib in the envelope with the card. i went to work and he didnt see it til i was on my way home from work. when i got home, he was smiling :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were wondering if I might be but decided that I wouldn't take a test until Wednesday. That was Friday. I was still not feeling any period-like Monday. Should have showed up Saturday but since I will go 30-38 days, no big deal. Monday, for some reason, I decided to take a test. Faint positive so did a digital one. Yup.

So I took a future cowgirl onesie I have saved and a pair of John Deere baby sweat pants and put them on his pillow. Then I put the positive digital test on top. Then on top of that I put a note that said "we are going to need one of these in about 8 months." He didn't believe it. Took him a full 24 hours.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"