Working Moms

WM: How did you find your nanny?

I'm 13 weeks pregnant (well almost) with twins.  Logically, I will probably be quitting my current job (which has crazy hours), and take 6 months to a year off.  We've been saving for awhile and can handle that just fine so I think I should do it.

But I will have to go back at that point, so I wondered how you found your nanny.  I'm nervous about being able to find someone trustworthy and safe for my children. 

Also I know this varies by region, but how much do you pay per hour?  How much would you say is reasonable for twins?  If it helps I live in the upper midwest, by Lake Michigan.  I'm thinking somewhere between $12-15 per hour.  I know I could do 3 days of daycare for $10 per hour and 4 days of daycare for $12.45 an hour....so I think a little more than that for a nanny makes sense....

Thanks!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WM: How did you find your nanny?

• I live in Michigan and also have twins, so we have a very similar situation. We found our nanny on care.com and she is wonderful.  I am so glad we went this route. We started paying her $11.50 per hour and gave her a $0.50 raise after 6 months. We will likely keep doing that every 6 months as an incentive for her to stay and also because she does such an awesome job. We think we'll send them to daycare at age 2, so we know that we won't ever be paying more than $13 per hour.  She also makes my life so much easier by doing all the babies laundry, sheet changes, toy cleaning etc and does light housekeeping too. Because of this, I can focus on spending more quality time with my kids when I am home.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We also found our Nanny on Care.com.  Our Nanny cares for our child, does all of his laundry and light housekeeping for $12 per hr. We also offer her 15 paid days off a year (sick-vaca and bank holidays). 
    Missed m/c discovered 11.30.09 at 9w2d DS Born 10.26.10 Missed m/c discovered 11.7.11 at 8w3d Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Care.com.   She does all things baby-related (laundry, feeding, washing bottles, bowls, spoons, etc. and keeping his room clean).  We pay her about $13.70 an hour...sometimes it comes out to more as I work from home 2 days a week and often let her go early.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"