June 2011 Moms

Elevating crib/PNP for baby with reflux?

My LO was diagnosed with reflux last Monday. His spit up has gotten much worse this week. The doctor recommended having him sleep in a bouncer, the swing, or his carseat. He sleeps great in his swing (5+ hours, up from 2). I would rather him sleep in his bed since we have the angelcare monitor. How do we elevate it and how much? 
DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Elevating crib/PNP for baby with reflux?

• I use a wedge pillow someone gave my for my belly during pregnancy but you can just use a regular pillow under the matteress I think. I don't know how much the elevating helps LO still wakes up a lot.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There is also a wedge you can buy for the crib, that also fits in the PNP. We used it for our son who has major medical issues, including breathing and reflux issues. It goes on top of the mattress and then you can put the fitted sheet on top of it. I think it works well. You can get it at BRU for about $10-$15. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemskolman:
    There is also a wedge you can buy for the crib, that also fits in the PNP. We used it for our son who has major medical issues, including breathing and reflux issues. It goes on top of the mattress and then you can put the fitted sheet on top of it. I think it works well. You can get it at BRU for about $10-$15. 

Sorry to hijack, do you know what it is called? I want one that can go on top of the mattress so I can get an AngelCare monitor.  

• imagesamara826:

imagemskolman:
    There is also a wedge you can buy for the crib, that also fits in the PNP. We used it for our son who has major medical issues, including breathing and reflux issues. It goes on top of the mattress and then you can put the fitted sheet on top of it. I think it works well. You can get it at BRU for about $10-$15. 

Sorry to hijack, do you know what it is called? I want one that can go on top of the mattress so I can get an AngelCare monitor.  

Butting in... I bought this one from Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dex-Safe-Lift-Deluxe-Universal-Crib-Wedge/4631165

We haven't used it yet as she's been sleeping in the Rock & Play for 5-6 hours at night so I'm scared to change anything! 

Our little flower

• imagemarkyslove:
    imagesamara826:

imagemskolman:

Butting in... I bought this one from Walmart:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dex-Safe-Lift-Deluxe-Universal-Crib-Wedge/4631165

We haven't used it yet as she's been sleeping in the Rock & Play for 5-6 hours at night so I'm scared to change anything! 

Thanks!
  • I just stuck a couple of my books under the mattress. It seems to be working just fine. Also, some cribs let you put the head of the mattress on one level and the foot on another. 
  • Just be careful when you elevate the crib mattress, if you do it too steep it gives them just enough momentum to be able to roll. We elevated Hudson's mattress (Gavin's too when he was a baby) and found both of them at the opposite end of the crib.

We use the RnP for Hudson.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageskidunks:

Just be careful when you elevate the crib mattress, if you do it too steep it gives them just enough momentum to be able to roll. We elevated Hudson's mattress (Gavin's too when he was a baby) and found both of them at the opposite end of the crib.

That's what I'm scared of! I don't know how much to do.  

DSC_0213 

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"