TTC After a Loss

Back from Vacation (Long. Monsoons and CD1 mentioned)

Hi guys!

I got back yesterday from my trip to AZ to visit my mom and dad (DH stayed home because he had to work).  It was not without some surprises.

The three of us drove to the Grand Canyon on Monday and got stuck in a monsoon and a hail storm.  Then Tuesday we had our big plane trip over the Grand Canyon/tour of Antelope Canyon/smooth rafting trip down the Colorado River.  Well, the weather sucked.  Cloudy and overcast.  They ended up closing all the canyons due to flash flood warnings so the trip to Antelope Canyon was canceled (this made me very sad since it's gorgeous and I REALLY wanted to take pictures of it).  They decided that the rafting was still on though.  It was dry for about half of the trip....and then....monsoon.  Seriously I've never been in such a rain storm in all my life. And all while on a raft tooling around the Colorado around Horseshoe Bend.  It was actually pretty cool to see waterfalls, but it was REALLY crazy windy and the rain...I mean I can't even describe it.

Then the next morning my dad gets sick (diabetes related) and we end up having to take him to a hospital in Flagstaff an hour and a half away.   Luckily he was ok (super scary experience though) and we were able to drive home to Phoenix later that afternoon.

On the drive back I started to feel crampy.  Now, I've been feeling crampy pretty much every day since 6dpo, but this was that ever familiar AF crampy.  I didn't want to believe it, but sure enough, I get home and there she is.  Luckily I didn't waste money on tests (I was going to test the next day).  

I cried for over an hour to my mom (who was AWESOME and made me feel so much better) and then drowned my sorrows in Rosemary Triscuits, colby/jack cheese and white wine spritzers with lots of ice.

Now I'm back and I've decided to step back from the Bump a bit this month.  As I'm sure so many ladies here can relate, I've been obsessed with getting pg since my m/c.  Much more so than I was before it.  The Bump is such an amazing place.  It's been a life raft for me during these past 5 months. I really need to just take some time away to put it all back in perspective. I know you all "get it".  I'm a procrastinator by nature and I've managed to really lose track of myself and my happiness throughout this journey.  I've let my weight get out of control, my work fall behind and I need to snap out of it.  Less time online is the answer in my case.  Not completely gone...just a little less sbphotos :-) 

I have a never ending amount of respect for you all and wish you nothing but two pink lines and BFP waves bigger than any we've ever seen.  I wish for answers to all your questions and gigantic hugs for everyone who needs them.

Me: 39 DH: 35 - TTC #1 since October 2010
BFP #1 2-1-11 Missed Miscarriage 3-14-11(9 wks)-D&C
BFP #2 9-17-11 EDD 5-29-12
Edward James born 3-14-12 weighing 1lb11oz at 29w1d via c section due to low fluid and growth restriction from crappy placenta.
My BFP Chart
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers <a href="http://s1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/sbphotos1/?action=view

Re: Back from Vacation (Long. Monsoons and CD1 mentioned)

• *ginormous hug*I've missed you around here!  But I totally get why you need to step away a little, and I know we'll still be in touch Smile  Just know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers!  I hope a semi-break is just what you need.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Sounds like you had a crazy eventful vacation. I am glad your Dad is ok! I hope your break is everything you need it to be!
    First BFP April 2011, EDD 01/11/11, MMC June 20, 2011 D&C June 20, 2011 Second BFP September 23, 20011 CP diagnosed September 26, 2011 PAL/PGAL welcome
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!  I have been thinking about you a ton since I last heard from ya a couple days ago!  Glad you made it back safely and were able to spend time with your parents!  Sorry to hear about the crappy weather..that just sucks!  It rained here last night, and we're due for thunder storms again tonight!  Wtf?!

I totally understand your reasons for not spending so much time bumping....it's so easy to get sucked in and post away when the boards are active.  I hope getting back to "life" will be just the change you need...that's how I was feeling at the beginning of July when I decided no temping/obsessing!

Missed you!  Smile   HUGS!!

BFP #2 7/20/11 ** EDD: 3/28/12: IT'S A BOY!
    BFP #1 12/30/10 ** EDD: 9/6/11** H/B stopped at 10w 6d conf on 2/22/11 ** D&C 2/24/11.
    Congrats to my Labor Buddy LoriJ11, baby Elise born 2/24/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That sounds like quite the trip.... glad your dad is okay :)  As for your bump break, I hope that it provides you with the jump start you need to get the happy back in your life full time.  I know what you mean in letting TTCAL take over your life, we all do.  Thank you so much for your super kind and awesome words about BFP waves - keep us semi posted, and good luck.
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm sorry that your trip had so many hiccups and I'm really sorry about AF.  Your treat sounds amazing!  I completely understand having to get your life back in order and limiting buming will give you a ton of time back.  Good luck with everything and keep us updated on you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's nice to see you back, but I understand the need for a break. I've kind of taken a step back this past month and it's helped me get back on track with life. Sorry you had so many bumps on your vacation. Those storms sound serious! I'm glad your mom was able to make you feel better. Sometimes that's just what you need.
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Your trip sounds like quite the adventure. I'll miss ya but I get your need for a break.  I hope it gives you the peace you need. Hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I LOVE YOU!!  I hate that this cycle was a bust for you.  I was hoping, hoping, hoping you would have a happy ending to a fun trip with your parents.  I totes agree on stepping back and re-focusing on YOU.  Justin and I had a conversation once about how we needed to work on being happy, no matter what happened baby wise.  If we were constantly hinging our happiness on whether or not I got pregnant (and let's be honest, when I say "we" I really mean me), or planning around "if" I got pregnant, then our life would quickly pass us by.

You are one of my favorites, and you always will be.  Take care of yourself!! 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"