Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Hanging name letters

I'm kind of stuck in hanging up her name- Genevieve (9 letters). I bought ribbon to make bows, but think it's too much with so many letters. I went to Home Depot and Michaels looking for something to stick on the letters with a hole to hang them to the wall. I didn't find anything yet. I don't really want to put a nail right throught the letters and the 3M poster tape says not to hang above a bed because they might fall.

Any ideas? I've googled too, but kind of creatively stuck right now.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Hanging name letters

• Options
    I have been struggling with this too.  How are you decorating them?  Can you hang them then decorate over the nail/screw?  That's the only thing I can think of.
  • Options
    Try putting picture hangers on the back of each letter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Could you hot glue the ribbon on to the back of the letters and then hang the looped ribbon from nails or cute knobs on the wall?
  • Options
    I used that white sticky tack stuff (I think that's what it's called).  Worked great for us, plus easily removeable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

The EASIEST way that we found to do it is to buy 3M Command Velcro. We drew a straight line on the wall with a pencil, attached both sides of the Velcro to the letters and then pushed them onto the wall. We went back and took the letters down and cleaned the pencil off after we were finished. The Velcro makes a crunchy sound when its snapped into place. You can find the Velcro at Walmart in the hardware isle.

Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Married Bio

• Options
    I looped a thin little piece of ribbon and then used a cute push pin to hang them from the ribbon. (My DD has 7 letters in her name)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mark 14:52

• Options
    I used the 3M Command Velcro too. Love that stuff!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yeah, 3M products work very well.  IF a letter were to fall, it will fall straight down the wall, so if you're afraid of them falling, just make sure your crib is about 4 inches from the wall.  The 3M white foam roll with sticky on both sides is extremely adhesive and difficult to get off.  It will stick to your wooden letter and prolly pull the paint off the wall when you take them down, it works so well.  It does the job! 

my nursery progress

EDD 9/01/11

my nursery progress

• Options
    Picture hangers and industrial velcro
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"