Nurseries and Baby Gear

Glider/chair - what's yours?

Why are these so $$?

I also have a problem buying a chair for this much money without trying it in person.

Which glider/chair did you get?  Cost?

Thanks! 

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Glider/chair - what's yours?

• I got a cheap storkcraft from walmart for about $100 (actually it was a gift from MIL).  No baby to try it out with yet, but I've sat in in plenty of times and have no complaints.  Considering we won't be using it except for the baby's room, I couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on something like that.
  • imageOCW2010:

Why are these so $$?

I also have a problem buying a chair for this much money without trying it in person.

Which glider/chair did you get?  Cost?

Thanks! 

We got this Stork Craft glider from Amazon. The price is right and it is comfortable. It is not as plush but add the boppy and it is wonderful. We do not regret it. It is easy to put together and the glider comes put together.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for sharing ladies!

I'd love something plush and cushy, that looks like this, but they are all so freaking expensive.

11/10: IUI #1 =100mg Clomid CD4-8 + pregnyl trigger + IUI = chemical pregnancy
    1/11: IUI #2 = 5mg Femara + trigger + IUI = BFN
    2/11: IUI #3 = injectibles + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IVF #1 April 2011 ER 4/23 w/16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fert., 4 blasts to freeze, 5dt of 2 blasts on 4/28, beta #1 5/7 = 243... beta #2 5/9 = 491....beta #3 5/11 = 1113!!
    my blog

2011-02-04_11-37-12_452
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a dutailier off of Craigslist. I paid about half of what it was new in the store. It was barely used by previous owner. I'm very happy with it.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I just ordered something similar, Dorel from Walmart - it was the closest I could find for less than $1,000. The chair and ottoman were $300 (they have a package deal right now).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i just want to express how much time you really will spend in your glider.  my son is 2 1/2 and it is still used every day and we will move it to the nursery just before my due date.  middle of the night feedings, sick baby days and nights  the list goes on and on.  i wouldnt trade the higher end chair i bought for anything  it is the most comfortable chair in the house.  check out Best Chairs  Storytime series  you can generally find them in boutique stores to try out  not as expensive as some others though but incredibly comfortable.  make sure the chair gives you the support you need where you need it.  
  • I also got a barely used Dutailier glider and ottoman from craigslist for $275. I foud the same chair and ottoman new online for over $1000.

If you can, get one that reclines. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Liam Tyler & Emma Grace 
    ...baby #3 boy MC at 10 weeks

• none, I use a vibrating massage arm chair that used to be DH's (it costed 300 euros a couple of years ago)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • We got the higher end glider from BRU, the Shermage, it reclines, has a separate ottoman with a nursing stool. We paid big bucks for it 500$ I think. I hate it! I wish i had gotten a comfy chair. I always have to reajust in it and the armrest are too high up. We got it primarily because DH wanted it, and we could easily change the cushions since we are planning on using it for all our LO's. Wish i had gone with my gut and got a cushy chair. A girl on here has one from walmart, it looks really nice in her nursery. The one we have https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3909959 Nice prices! https://www.walmart.com/cp/Gliders-Rockers/133039

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• We have the La-Z-Boy Rex reclining glider.  It was definitely $$$, but we consider it an investment.  We figure down the road, we can always use it in our family room or DH's man cave.  It is extremely comfortable and I have spent many a night sleeping in that chair.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I didn't want to spend a lot either and I was really nervous about buying online without trying.  I gave in and bought the Danielle glider from Target.  It's less than $200 and it's made by Shermag who makes some of the more expensive ones.  It's decently comfortable but not like one of those $500 chairs.  I'm happy with it just from hanging out in the baby's room while we work in there.
  • Ours looks really similar to the picture you posted.  The brand is Best Chair and it was around $700 for the chair and ottoman.  We got ours at USA Baby and they had tons of chairs there for you to try out.  They also run pretty good sales on big ticket items: ex. $100 off a $500 purchase, free ottoman with chair purchase, etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    My BFP Chart

• I have the Monte Luca Glider & Ottoman. For me it was a piece of furniture we would use for a long time and then possibly even move into another room when we didn't need it in the nursery anymore. I love the sleek design, comfort and durable fabric.
  • I got a Dutalier upholstered rocker/recliner.  I would definitely recommend finding a store that carries what you're looking for and trying them out.

Walmart carries the Little Castle line online for cheaper than I've seen elsewhere.  But I'm pretty sure that Buy Buy Baby has Little Castles in the store for you to try to get a sense if you will like it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"