Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Who Is gonna start trying for another???

I have heard so many ppl saying they want another LO soon.  so it got me thinking, what are all of your goals for another tot?? I think our time frame is to start trying when Claire is 18 months..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who Is gonna start trying for another???

• We are asap.  But I expect it to take quite some time to actually get pregnant.  1) I'm BFing and 2) we have fertility issues.  If we can't manage on our own, I won't go through IVF again until N is at least a year old as I plan on BFing until at least then and I can't take all the hormone injections while BFing.
  • We are going to start trying next summer!  We would like three kiddos if we are lucky and my husband jokes that he is getting old so we need to pop them out one after another! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegymnst1013:
    We are asap.  But I expect it to take quite some time to actually get pregnant.  1) I'm BFing and 2) we have fertility issues.  If we can't manage on our own, I won't go through IVF again until N is at least a year old as I plan on BFing until at least then and I can't take all the hormone injections while BFing.

Ditto everything. We're not preventing, and plan on seeing to RE in a year once I wean.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• I want to start trying right away but I haven't been for my 8wk pp check-up yet so idk how long my doc is going to recommend waiting after a c-section.  We have 2 trips planned next year and I get heavily medicated to fly which isn't safe for a fetus so if I can't conceive within the next few months safely (and I doubt I can) we will probably wait until next October to try. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • coachgcoachg member
    I had a c/s and my OB said they want about 24 months between deliveries to ensure things are healed properly. We want two and always wanted them 2 years apart, so it works out for us. We'll start trying next August.

Tyler is going to be a big brother!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I definitely want another and will need about a year and a half to convince DH of it too! :) Hoping to conceive in January of 2013.
  • I'm in nursing school and we plan on starting to try in December of 2012. I figure that will give me time to graduate and take boards before LO would be born and then start to look for a job when LO is about 6 weeks old.
  • Waiting till bubs is 18-20 months. :) 

until then, it's just the 3 of us! :D 

• We'll probably start trying for another when DD is about a year old. We'd like them to be about 2 years apart!
  • We're undecided.  I know I want one more, but I don't know when.  I waver b/w in the next nine months and three years from now.  Either soon, or not for a long time! 
  • I want them to be 2.5-3 years apart so we'll try in that time frame somewhere
  • I am insane and really want another one. DH is convinced he is done, so we compromised that we will look into it again in 3 years, and again at 5 when my IUD needs to come out. 

But if we do have another one I plan on it taking a year and we won't do any sort of fertility treatments. Also, both kids have to be older because I am sure i'll end up on bed rest again and there is no way I could handle that with two little kids.  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• At this point, we're satisfied with having just our one child. We're going to give it a few years and re-evaluate! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • I go back in forth on if I want another. i like the idea of 3 but now that I have two I don't know if I could handle a third. FI is more on the call it quits now since both my pregnancies ended with complications. I think for now we are saying we are done but if when both the girls are over three and were in a bigger place we'll probably discuss weather we want to give 3 a try. For now I'm perfectly content with just the two. 
  • Hubby and I planned DD1, DD2 was a surprise. We were planning on spacing them 2-3 years apart but they ended up being 18 months apart. I'm on a pregnancy break right now and I don't think i'll be ready to handle any more babies for another 3-5 years. Plus i'd like DH to reach his goal of becoming management in the next 2 years, which will help money wise.

DD1 Born 11/06/09
    DD2 Born 05/11/11
     #3   EDD 05/02/16 
  • We want them 2-2.5 years apart.  We had some IF issues so we're going to start trying when DS is about 9 months old, and go back to our RE if necessary.
  • imagemarch2008:
    At this point, we're satisfied with having just our one child. We're going to give it a few years and re-evaluate! :)

This is what we were discussing this morning while laying in bed with our LO.  I have always wanted two, and my husband thinks he does, too (he was an only child and it was hard on him). But we want to enjoy our little girl for a while and see where things take us. 

• At LEAST 2 years.  This entire birth and pregnancy experience has been slightly traumatic for us.  However it wouldn't stop me from doing it all over again - just not any time soon!
  • I want to try for another one when DS is about 18-24 months, we have always wanted at least 2 kids. Hopefully DH will be convinced by then that we need to do it all over again. Right now if anyone asks him he says he is done and only wants one, but I think it is because our LO is so fresh :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think we're done with 3 daughters but I just have to comment that life can surprise you and even the best plans are just not what is in store for us.  We  certainly did not plan on our first two kids being 18 months apart but that's how it worked out and has been great.  We planned #3 and the older girls are 4 and almsot 3 and that is pretty cool too (so far, I'm only on day 6 as a mom of three!).  I think there are pros and cons of close together and further apart, but we have friends with a 5 year old who just started trying for #2 and I couldn't imagine that at all.  I was rusty at changing diapers and it has only been about 8-9 months since I did that - I cannot even imagine 5 years - yikes!!! 
  • We'll start TTC when LO is 2, assuming our finances/jobs/health are all in order.
  • I would love to do it right away.  I wouldnt even be opposed to being pregnant again right now but, DH husband will have to be convinced.  He is perfectly fine with just one but I hope that when LO does more than just eat and sleep he will change his mind.  I hope I can convince him to start trying again next summer. 
  • imagejlbridwell:
    I would love to do it right away.  I wouldnt even be opposed to being pregnant again right now but, DH husband will have to be convinced.  He is perfectly fine with just one but I hope that when LO does more than just eat and sleep he will change his mind.  I hope I can convince him to start trying again next summer. 

This exactly.  We both wanted 2-3 at first, now he wants to be done.  I think he'll change his mind eventually... Hopefully by next summer. 

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"