1st Trimester

Let's do a GTKY

2»

Re: Let's do a GTKY

• 1. Were you trying or not? yes

2. When are you due? April 2

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? We want a boy but would be happy with either

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? The boy's name is picked out but we can't agree for a girl

5. How did you tell your SO? I woke him up and told him I took a test. I nodded my head and he said "I knew it"

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  We are waiting until we hear the heartbeat to tell family/ close friends; then we will announce after 1st Tri.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. Were you trying or not? Yes!

2. When are you due? March 16th (I go in for my dating ultrasound today, so that might change).

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? I'd be happy with either. I have a hunch it will be a boy, but MH thinks a girl.

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? We have a couple names we are mulling over.

5. How did you tell your SO? I tried thinking of something fun, but was just to excited so I ran upstairs and blurted out "Want to go out for a Guinness, because we're having a March baby!". (Obviously the Guinness wasn't for me!) Wink

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  We're going to tell my sister this weekend and MH is wanting to think up some fun ideas. With the rest of our family we'll just be making phone calls. I did think of something sweet to do for my dad. I plan on sending this vintage childrens magazine I found at an antique shop called "Wee Wisdom" It's a March issue from 1955. My dad is in love with anything from his childhood. So I'd like him to open it while I'm on the phone with him and my mom and then be able to explain the significance...if they don't figure it out on their own. Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemommybrynn:
    imagesam19:

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?  boy: Sawyer  girl: Harper

I LOVE your names! We have a friend with a little boy named Sawyer and I think it's such a great unique boy name! 

• 1) Yes, 1st try!

2) Due April 3rd

4) Not yet

5) Asked him to look at the downstairs toilet because it wouldn't stop running, and left a positive pregnancy test on it.

Names: Guinivere or Laine for a girl, Landon, Garrett or Dalton for a boy

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. Were you trying or not? Trying, got pg on our second cycle

2. When are you due? 3-26-2012

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? I can't really decide but DH wants a boy first.

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?  Boy- Declan James Girl- Rowan Danielle

5. How did you tell your SO? Made him come look at my pee stick

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  I bought my parents a "Grandparents Handbook" and I plan on putting the ultrasound pic inside. They're first time GP's. I don't know for sure how to tell DH's parents. This will be their second grandchild.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesam19:

1. Were you trying or not? We weren't planning on really trying until June techinically, but I was charting to get the hang of it and it happened in May, we weren't avoiding though.

2. When are you due? 2-11-12

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? I will admit, I want a girl.  I thought I'd want a boy because I know i was a pain to raise, but I want a girl.  FH wants a boy though. He has a daughter already and he wants more testosterone in the house. 

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? Whitney Beth

5. How did you tell your SO? Took a test and left it in the bathroom for him to see.

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  I am going to add the "expected child" on FB and see who notices.  For family, we will print off pics of the sono and put them in "congrats" cards (my sister ,his brother, our parents, etc...)

• 1. Were you trying or not? Yes

2. When are you due? March 28, 2011

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? Either!

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? Noah for a boy, Rory for a girl

5. How did you tell your SO? He got to see the test results before me!!!

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? We got a picture frame that was a baby design and wrote on a piece of paper in it "Coming to a hospital near you in March 2012). And had our parents open it.

• 1. Were you trying or not?

Definitely not! We were trying not to conceive, but were surprised!

2. When are you due?

February 18, 2012

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl?

Honestly, I will be so excited for either. I always thought I would want one or the other, but when DH and I talk about what color the cake might be at the gender party, we get excited when we mention pink OR blue.

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?

Lily Isabella for a girl, and we can't agree on a boy's name! So frustrating.

5. How did you tell your SO?

He was waiting outside the bathroom when I took the test, then I opened the door and showed him. He was in denial, and went out and bought a 'more expensive' test...as if it mattered! All three of those were also +

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  

We told my family first, and then told his family second. We bought his family these little cards with the u/s pictures and due dates in them. With my family, they knew from day one, and saw the u/s pictures the day we got them, so we wanted to make sure his family felt just as involved. As for FB, I just updated with a status that said we were expecting and that we can't wait for our LO to make their entrance :)

• 1. Were you trying or not? yes

2. When are you due? April 12

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? Right now, I'm leaning toward Girl. I go back and forth.

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? Girl - Joanna. Boy - I'm trying to convince H to go with Julian. So far, no luck. :(

5. How did you tell your SO? He knew I was testing, so I just told him that it looked like a faint positive.

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  To tell my parents, I'm getting my dog a shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother." I might use that to announce on FB too. To tell H's parents, I think we are going to tell MIL we need to commission a new quilt (she quilts and is always asking if we need anything else).. a baby quilt. The first people we'll tell will be my sister and her H, and I'll basically announce that by not bringing a bottle of wine over to their house to drink on Saturday night, like I usually do. lol

• imagesam19:

1. Were you trying or not? Yes

2. When are you due? March 7th

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? I'd be happy with either, but it would be nice to have one of each, so we're kind of hoping for a boy.

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?  Boy: Evan Zelle (zelle is a family name), Girl: No clue!

5. How did you tell your SO? When he got home from work I asked him if he wanted some really good news and he's like "You're pregnant!?"

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  We told family when I was like 5 weeks by making a shirt for DD that says "This little monkey has a secret" on the front, and "I'm going to be a big sister" on the back.  We announced it on facebook after we saw the heartbeat at our first appt.

• imagesam19:

1. Were you trying or not?  trying  :)

2. When are you due? April 1

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl?  I'm not sure...

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?  I like Henry for a boy and Penelope for a girl.

5. How did you tell your SO?  I called him so DD could "talk" to him.  She was babbling on, and then I asked, "Did you hear what she said?"  He said no, and I said, "She said, 'Mommy's pregnant!' "

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?   We'll tell my in-laws Labor Day weekend by dressing DD in a shirt that syas, "Shhhh!  There's a secret in mommy's belly!"  I'm not sure how we're going to tell my parents.  I don't have a Facebook account.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. Were you trying or not?   We had been trying for 3 1/2 years, but stopped charting and stopped tracking anything.  It was a complete surprise, especially given that we were told we would not conceive on our own by our RE.

2. When are you due?  March 14

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl?  I would like a boy, DH wants a girl... But I would be happy with a girl too. 

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about?  Yup, we have family names picked out.

5. How did you tell your SO? Called him bawling hysterically.  He thought one of the dogs was hit by a car and had to call me back from outside his work.  lol... I was happy I swear.  Just SHOCKED.

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?    We told our family and friends already.  Pretty much, "Allie's pregnant" or "I'm pregnant." 

dx MF & FF IF
    Off B.C. Jan '06, started charting Feb '08, 2% morphology and PCOS, no O with meds,
    IVF w/ICSI only option to conceive.
    Licensed Foster Parents 07.11
    Miracle BFP 7.20.11 1st beta 6,274! EDD 3.17.12
    Miracle Baby born March 5, 2012 . 6lbs 1oz, 19 3/4"
    Miracle BFP #2 10.8.12 - edd 6.20.13

Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1. Were you trying or not? yes, for almost one year

2. When are you due? April 2012

3. If you could choose, would you want a boy or a girl? another girl

4. Any boy or girl names you are thinking about? not yet! it'll be tough compromising with my DH ;-)

5. How did you tell your SO? we were both home when I took the hpt so I just showed it to him.

6. How do you plan to tell family/friends? Any special way you plan on announcing it on FB?  not sure yet! we'll probably get DD to announce it in some cute way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"