Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

New to the board.. and a question

Hi all. First I want to say, I am so sorry for all your losses. I have been lurking a bit since the first news of my m/c and have read many of your stories. It breaks my heart that someone, anyone, has to go through something like a m/c or pregnancy loss.

My story... I had been undergoing Infertility treatment with an RE for several months when I got my BFP after my third IUI. The excitment was short lived as my beta started out at 11.2, then 201, then dropped to 154. I knew it was over from there, but my numbers continued to rise and then plateau the next week. I had a natural m/c on 7/15, I was devastated. My b/w that day showed that my numbers were continuing to rise. My RE was worried it could be ectopic but we could not see anything on the u/s, so he gave a dose of Methotrexate that same day. The following week my numbers continued to rise, twice they rose, and I had another dose of Methotrexate on 7/22.

I finally finished bleeding earlier this week, and my numbers finally started dropping. The only cramping I had at all during my m/c was the first day, after that it was nothing. Suddenly, this week my cramps have returned in full force. They are quite painful. I am wondering if this is normal? Or if this is a side effect of the Methrotrexate? Or it could be something else? I have a call in to my RE's office just to be sure, but I was just wondering if any one else had en experience similar to this or with Methotrexate.

I am sorry that any of us have to be here, but I look forward to the support and advice this board has to offer.

PS- Sorry for such a long intro.

TTC #1 since 6/2010
8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
IVF #1 : Fall 2012
15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
8 Frosties!
Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: New to the board.. and a question

• Options

I am so sorry for your loss and welcome to the board.

I don't think it is from the Methrotrexate. This is not a long acting agent and metabolizes quickly (a few days, week at most) Did he tell you to stop your pre-natals for a couple of weeks after your shot (I am assuming you got a shot). They should not be taken with with MX and can interfere with metabolism (making it hang around longer) but it doesn't cause cramps like what you are describing. Is your temp fine? Hopefully your RE can tell you what is going on!

disclaimer: my DH is a pharmacist so I just asked him and this is what he said.

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I am very sorry for your loss and welcome to the board.  I hope you will find this board as helpful as I have.

I would definitely speak to your RE.  It may be possible that you didn't pass everything during your MC. 

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies!

I ended up going into my RE right after I posted this. They did a vaginal u/s that showed blood in my abdomen so I was rushed off to surgery immediately. Even though I had heavy bleeding and clotting on the 15th, it was not a miscarriage. The pain I was experiencing was from a ruptured tube due to ectopic pregnancy. He couldnt save my tube, so it had to come out. I am home now and relaxing, just sore and shaken up from the whole experience. Thank you again.

TTC #1 since 6/2010
    8 IUIs - 3 Cancelled cycles - 1 Ectopic Pregnancy with Left tube removal = A broken heart
    IVF #1 : Fall 2012
    15R - 13M - 13F w/ICSI - Transferred 2 day 5 blasts = BFP!!!
    8 Frosties!
    Beta #1: 135, Beta #2: 312, Beta #3: 996
    10/21: Saw one beautiful flickering heartbeat! EDD: 6/12/13
    ?S/PAIFW?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimageBabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagekathrynlo:
     The pain I was experiencing was from a ruptured tube due to ectopic pregnancy. He couldn't save my tube, so it had to come out. I am home now and relaxing, just sore and shaken up from the whole experience. Thank you again.

Oh my goodness, I am so very sorry! Truly I can't put it in words. Huge hugs to you and your DH and hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Me: 37 DH: 40 TTC since 9/09
    #1 BFP 1/10/11; missed m/c discovered 7w5d
    IF Dx: Endo, hetero MTHFR mutation, poor morphology
    #1 IUI: 1/18/12 = BFN
    #1 IVF/ICSI 4/2/12 = 2 x 7-cell and 1 x 5-cell transferred (3dt) = BFP!!
    H was born at 41w2d on 12/29/12 - be still my heart!
    #2 IVF/ICSI 1/19/14 = 2 x 8 cells transferred (3dt) = BFP!! EDD 10/09/14
    M&W born at 37 weeks on 9/18/14 - I am the momma of 3 boys!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"