Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

I'm thinking..

Since I wasn't very far along, I hadn't bought anything yet. So, I think I should buy something that I can have specifically for Aubrey. An outfit or a blanket, just something that was hers. But, I don't know if it will just hurt more. Did anyone else do this?

Also, my guilty confession is that whenever I go to a store like Walmart or Target, I go straight to the baby section and pick out things for Aubrey.  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: I'm thinking..

• Options

*warning kids and subsequent pg mentioned in siggy*

We hadn't bought anything for the little one we lost either.  I bought a pretty box for the ultrasound picture and my hospital bracelet. I actually had to call the doctor to get the ultrasound pic (since we found out at our first ultrasound that things weren't going well).

Photobucket "...let's rewrite an ending that fits" Mom to DS 6/1999 and DD 1/2008 TTC #3 8/2010 M/C 10/2010 BFP 2/2/11 EDD 10/17/11 On our way to Baby #3 Stick Baby Stick!
  • Options
    I didn't even get an ultrasound :( I lost her three days before I was supposed to get it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I bought myself two rings with the birthstones of my EDDs. I think it was what I needed at the time, but after a while it was depressing and draining. I realized that I was focusing on what I lost, not what I had gained, or what I needed to move forward. I had a necklace designed with the words "hope, strength, serenity" on them with an elephant. Elephant because they never forget, they're strong and maternal. It's beautiful and brings me strength every day. I wear it like a badge of honor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am so sorry for your loss. 

We just lost our little one last Monday....I was supposed to get u/s tomorrow.    As far as the clothing goes, the way I told my DH I was pg was that I bought a onsie from our fav college football team.  Once we had the m/c I cried everytime I walked by it sitting on the couch next to the gift bag it was wrapped in.  I had to put it in a drawer and keep the reminder away as it is just too painful right now.  If it helps you to buy something then I think you should.  If it will end up hurting more then just be cautious :)  {HUGS}

TTC #1 since 5/2010 dx: annovulatory 

RLP: 2/2012: normal HSG 3/2012: normal

BFP #1 7/20/11 M/C 7/25/11. BFP #2 11/29/11 M/C 12/21/11

I have two angel babies that I will see again one day

BFP #3 10/27/12 EDD: 7/6/13

Baby Emma arrived at 35 weeks by surprise on June 3rd, 2013!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #4: 5/23/14 EDD: 1/30/15  Emma's gonna be a big sister!

Beta #1 19DPO: 213 Beta #2 21DPO: 674

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think you should! I sleep with Addison's blanket EVERY night. It makes me feel like even though she isn't with me she is there while I sleep! It has help me to not have so many nightmares too.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! I think I'm going to buy a blanket for her. I'm hoping it helps :)
  • Options

im very sorry for your loss. i think if it helps you should pick out something special. i do the same thing as you, any time im in a store i wander into the baby section and look around. ive bought items every now and then (a classic winnie the pooh blanket, a lopsided but handmade teddy bear, a nursery book) and it helps.

i hope you find something special for her. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageTeenmom7:
    I didn't even get an ultrasound :( I lost her three days before I was supposed to get it.

I lost my baby a few days before my 1st ultrasound too :(  I bought a little angel figurine that holds a heart w/ my baby's EDD month written on it, with a birthstone as well. Its a nice way to remember for me, and it sits where I can see it whenever I want to. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"