Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Non clicky #3

Lets go back to delivery day. When you had your LO was your hopital's birthing room the same room you stayed in your whole stay?

If you had a c-section, did you do recovery in your room, or in a special room and then were moved to your permanent room?

Re: Non clicky #3

• At our hopsital the you give birth in your suit. If you have a natural birth you never leave you room, if you have a c-section you go to OR for the procedure and then go back to yoru suit for recovery. You never have to stay in a seperate room.

• I was checked into one room, went to the OR, recovery and then my permanent room. I was there for 5 days in total.

Had I gotten to actually try for a natural childbirth, I would have been in one room the whole time.

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Loading the player...
  • I had E in a military hospital where they had Labor and Delivery and then you went to a separate Mother/Baby Unit after the epidural had wore off enough where you could walk.  They don't have a nursery, so E never left our sight the entire time we were there. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • V-birth 2 rooms...birthing room and then the permanent/recovery room.
  • eb1113eb1113 member

I changed rooms once.   I was admitted to one room, stayed there for 25 hours.  I moved rooms right before my c-section.  DH, the nurses, and my family moved all our stuff to my new room.  I would have stayed in the first room, but there were a bunch more women coming to give birth and for whatever reason they had to move me.  It was fine with me since it was a bigger and nicer room.

I had a c-section (water broke 24 hours before that decision was made).  I spent 1-2 hours in a recovery room and then went back to my permanent room.  I wasn't crazy about the recovery room, but they cleaned me up and everything in privacy, without my family all around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I gave birth on one room and then was almost immediately transferred to a different wing of the hospital for recovery. The recovery room was much bigger and it had a sofa for DH and a closet. On the last night, we were "rooming in" where I was no longer a patient, but DD was (jaundice), and they transferred us to yet another wing because there was a baby boom and they wanted to keep all the brand new moms in one area. To thank us for having to move, we got a whirlpool tub, a sofabed, and a corner room with a view.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejuliebean071:
    I had E in a military hospital where they had Labor and Delivery and then you went to a separate Mother/Baby Unit after the epidural had wore off enough where you could walk.  They don't have a nursery, so E never left our sight the entire time we were there. 
    pretty much this. Military hospital. I lost a lot of blood and my heart rate dropped. After they atleast got my heart rate up they put me in a wheelchair and I went up stairs to my new room. Everyone in labor and delivery were amazing. The recovery unit is a different story. Ugh.
  • kg_08kg_08 member

I was moved to a different room a couple hours after birth. As soon as everything was cleaned up, DD had tried nursing, and I had something to eat.

They didn't rush me out by any means, but I knew we were switching and wanted to do it as soon as I felt I could so I could relax.

• Technically 3 for me... antepardum for the cervadiil (24 hours), l and d for the v birth and post pardum for after birth.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had a c-section and I had recovery and my entire stay in the same room.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same room the whole time. I had him in a relatively small hospital and I loved it there. It was a newer part of the hospital and the rooms were super nice.
  • Scheduled C Section here.

Came in that morning, went to a prep room to get ready for surgery. Went to the OR. I was told I went to a recovery unit (I don't remember it) and then to my room until we left. The babies pretty much stayed with me except for a brief stop in the NICU for warmth issues. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The l&d room was on a different floor from the postpartum room and also about four times the size. Although, they were both private and the pp room actually had a bed for my h. Next time though I may ask to stay in the family room with the queen bed so I can still sleep next to my h while we are there.
  • I was in antepartum in hospital number 1 for two weeks, then antepartum in hospital number 2 for a week, then in a regular L&D room for about half an hour, then OR, then recovery then mother baby for three days.  I hated mother baby because there was no way of distinguishing my room from other mother baby rooms so nurses kept coming in asking if I had my baby with me.  (They were in the NICU)
  • Same room. It was a labor/delivery/recovery suite.

Didn't have a c-section.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I h ad a c- section and recovered in my room. They didn't have any place special to send me afterwards.
  • I was moved to another room a few hours after DS was born. My second room was bigger and in a quieter hallway.
  • I had a V-birth and I was in the same room the whole time.
  • I was in 3 rooms.  When I first checked in, they had me go to a room to check my cervix.  I was there for about an hour, then they admitted me & moved me to a birthing room.  I was there for 13 hours until I had J.  Then they moved me to a recovery room where we spent the next 2 days.

• Yes.  At the hospital where I delivered, everything is done in the same room.  The baby never leaves out of the mother's sight unless she asks the nurses to take him/her to the nursery.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"