Adoption

What can I do?

Iz starts preschool tomorrow and I'm a bit concerned because for the past 2 days she has been wetting herself.  It happened twice yesterday and twice today and there doesn't seem to be a trigger. 

I put her to bed in a pull-up last night and she wore one all day today, she chose to wet the pull-up instead of using the bathroom today.  DW and I have no idea what's going on that's making her wet herself, she isn't around anyone who would harm her and she is never left alone with anyone but DW or myself.

We are contemplating sending her to school in a pull-up just in case she wets herself at school but we also don't want her to be teased for "wearing a diaper".  She will be 4 in 2 weeks and has been potty trained so this regression is puzzling us.  The school won't take children who aren't potty trained and I'm afraid that if Iz continually wets herself than she will be asked to leave the school.

She is going to start seeing a play therapist sometime this month so we hope this is addressed fairly quickly but in the meantime we aren't sure what to do.  I try not to push too much when asking why she isn't using the restroom because she still gives answers that she thinks I want to hear.

Re: What can I do?

• A friend has a daughter who used to do that when she was very nervous or stressed about something. It may be your DD's reaction to something pretty major, which is starting school. I'd see how the first day or so goes and address it from there. She may stop once she gets comfortable with school.
  • I concur with fred. Just explain to her teacher that there seems to be a bit of regression, you haven't figured out a trigger to it, but that she is fully potty trained.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS had a few accidents when he started pre-K. Seriously, it seems as most of the kids did, even though they were all potty trained. I talked to the teacher's aid about it and she said it was no big deal.
  • Thanks for calming my fears.  She went to school in regular undies and was reminded to let the teacher know as soon as she felt the need to go potty, not to wait until she was doing the pee dance.  She was nervous at drop-off so we know that her regression probably does have to do with starting school.  I'm hoping she makes it through the next 1 1/2 hours without wetting herself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"