Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

if you're losing hair...

is it breaking, or coming out right at the root, follicle and all?

So many people mention that using strengthening conditioner, cutting your hair short or not styling (flat iron, hot dryer, tight ponytails) will help reduce hair loss.  I don't get it?!  Mine is coming out by the handful right at the root and there's nothing I can do about it  Indifferent

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: if you're losing hair...

• Options
    Same here. It just falls out at the root. I use a strengthening conditioner and I recently got my hair cut shorter. Neither helped. My hairdresser said it just takes some time and there's really nothing you can do about it.
  • Options
    the root. but it came back last time so i'm not as scared as i was the first time. i just hate the part where i have baby hairs all along my hairline
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right from the root.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Root.  I cut it short and take prenatals.  It's getting a little better.  But it's been falling out for a good 3 months now...
  • Options

Root, and it's totally normal.

And hormone related. When you are pregnant, your body sort of holds on to all of the nutrients it can.  This includes your hair.

It's very natural to shed a TON of hair post-partum.  I often refer to the "guinea pigs in the drain" and my DH and I have a good laugh.  It's all a part of motherhood!

Oh and the "wispy's" around my face...gah. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    My is coming out at the root. I always use strengthening condition and have pretty short hair (a chin length bob) so neither of those things have helped me. Also a lack of styling isn't going to prevent it, that is just when people see the most hair falling out but it's not causing it.
  • Options
    Mine's coming out at the root. It's so bad I have to pull all my hair back when making food so as not to eat a hair sandwich. (gag)
  • Options
    At the root.  I think people recommend cutting your hair so there is less of it in the drain after a shower, kwim?
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

• Options

The root Sad

We seriously have hair all over our house. I cannot sweep or vacuum enough. It's driving me crazy and I feel like if it continues much longer I'm going to be bald.

• Options
    From the root. I hate it, it's so thin now :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    From the root. I just wear mine in a pony tail to try and contain the mess.
  • Options
    Mine is definitely coming out at the root but I've had a lot of breakage too. I'm seriously shedding worse than my dog, and he sheds REALLY REALLY bad! Ugh ... I just hope I don't get bad bald spots. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad for these posts! If I didn't have you girls to commiserate with, I would be seriously worried. My mom commented that she found some of my hairs in her house in a room where I hadn't been for months... so glad to hear they're traveling... I wonder what month pp we can expect this to stop?
  • Options
    most of mine comes out in the shower. Root and all.
  • Options
    imageLisa Frank:

Root, and it's totally normal.

And hormone related. When you are pregnant, your body sort of holds on to all of the nutrients it can.  This includes your hair.

It's very natural to shed a TON of hair post-partum.  I often refer to the "guinea pigs in the drain" and my DH and I have a good laugh.  It's all a part of motherhood!

Oh and the "wispy's" around my face...gah. 

This is a amazing way to look at it.  Now Im not a doctor, however Im a hair dresser for 10 years now.  About 90% of women experience hair "falling out" after the baby is born.  This is all normal.  Your hair will grow back and yes be annoying when it does. Unfortunatly there isnt anything that we can do to help stop the process.  Im just now starting to shead my "baby hair" and Im just like you guys, frustrated and scared.  But I promise that it will get better!

• Options
    imageErin2903:

The root Sad

We seriously have hair all over our house. I cannot sweep or vacuum enough. It's driving me crazy and I feel like if it continues much longer I'm going to be bald.

Yep....it's so disgusting!  I try to brush it out before showering so a lot doesn't get caught in the drain, but it just seems to never work.  I am hopefully going to go for a trim in the next few weeks and I'm hoping that will help a little.

image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"