Natural Birth
Options

Throwing my 2 cents in here...

I had originally planned for a NB with LO, but once I was at the hospital, my nerves set in and when I was 5 cm I asked for an epidural. The anesthesiologist came and told me that because I have Scoliosis and titanium rods fused in my spinal cord, they wouldn't give me one because they had no record of where exactly my rods were. I was given one dose of this medication to "take the edge off", which, in reality, made me sleepy and still feel everything. I ended up delivering LO naturally, and I'm glad it happened that way. The most painful part for me was my contractrations when they told me I couldn't push yet when I was 8 cm dilated.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Throwing my 2 cents in here...

• Options

Had you done any preparations or did you just wing it?

Transition is, indeed, the worst.

• Options

Glad you're happy with the outcome even though it wasn't your plan.

Pushing hurt the most for me.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad everything worked out. How come they didn't know beforehand about your back? Did you have any sort of pre-labor meeting with anesthesia?
  • Options
    I had a meeting with them when I was about 4 months along and he said I would get one without an issue.
  • Options

Perhaps I'm naive, but I thought naturally meant without drugs?

Glad you have a healthy baby. Things don't always go the way we expect in the delivery room. 

• Options

For some women, "naturally" = "out my vagina".

Most on this board use "naturally" = "med free".

• Options

It was also my interpretation of natural birth to mean completely drug-free as well. The drugs that are used to "take the edge off" are level 2 narcotics (from what I have learned at Bradley classes). I have heard many people refer to natural birth as out the vagina as PP had said. 

Congratulations on the birth of LO!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"