Cloth Diapering
Options

Your stash for a 6 month old?

Anyone care to share their CD stash for a 6 month old?

I'm strongly considering CD'ing... I love all the reasons to do it and am having lots of fun doing research.  

TIA

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your stash for a 6 month old?

• Options
    I started to cd my 1st at 6 months.  I had a dozen prefolds (gmd reds?), a few thirties covers, a few fitteds, and a bunch of BG 3.0s.  Have you investigated a trial?  That way you can see what might fit your daughter best.
    BabyFetus Ticker Blessed with a girl and boy, number 3 due 5/5/12!
  • Options
    Yes, I've considered a trial.  I want to continue doing research and lurking around on this board.  Thanks for sharing your stash :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    At six months I was using red edge GMD prefolds, one-size Happy Heinys, and Bamboo Baby AIOs.  I liked the mixture for at home and at daycare.

Check out this Bumpie Business List .

• Options
    At six months (and even now) we had about ~24 BG 4.0s, ~8 BG Elementals, 6 Thirsties Duos pockets, and 3 Large SBish with 2 Large Thirsties covers for nighttime.  
    Married 10.27.07
    DD 11.20.10
    BFP #2 8.25.12 M/C 9.3.12
    BFP #3 10.25.13 EDD 7.8.14

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • Options

At 6 months, I had:

18 RaR pockets (G2s)
    6 Thirsties Hemp (dislike, hardly ever used)
    12 birdseye cotton flats (Osocozy I believe)
    3 BabyKicks Premuim Hemp inserts (nighttime)
    6 red edge GMD pf (LOOOOVVVVEEEEEEE - so soft... )
    12 home-cut fleece liners
    3 covers (wool: little beetle os; blueberry os and rar oz)
    6 snappis
    24 baby washcloths (for wipes)
    6 HH pockets (packed away because I freaked thinking that DS will outgrow his RaR
    1 med Motherease swim dipe
    3 random custom dipes bought second hand that are way too long in the rise for DS
    2 pail liners and one large garbage can
    2 wetbags (small for diaper bag; large for travel)
    Diaper cream - Grandma El's, Charlie's Butter Spritz; Desitin, A&D
    2 squirt bottles (pull-top sport water bottles) for wipe solution
    Rockin Green detergent along with Original Dawn, Borax and Bac Out

I sold a Grovia and BG OS around this time. I didn't prefer the fit on DS.

Since then I have added:
    Wool. WCW shorties and soaker. 2 pairs or repurposed custom longies and 1 os WAHM cover.

Fitteds... 6 GM highly used and needing repair natural diapers; 1 GM in awesome condition; a Bish SYOF custom is pending - still waiting on fabric to make it in! Annnnnnd I'm about to probably buy a B4. Oh, and I'm interested in sewing my own.

I didn't feel like I was a stash slore, but I'm starting to feel that way now that I have it added up. Embarrassed

PG#1 - 3rd cycle BFP. Team Green. HELLP syndrome @ 34 weeks.
    Later diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, possible link to HELLP.

PG#2 M/C 3/14 - Surprise BFP 2/13. Beta's doubled every 52 hours from 3w5d-5w5d
    Viable pregnancy scan at 5w5d; 2nd u/s showed 2 days of growth in 7 but a HB of 120
    3rd u/s on 3/10/14 had no HB and baby had only grown 7 days over 14
    D&C 3/17/14 - complications - DX Retroflexed uterus, multiple tears to cervix

All Welcome

Chart

• Options

My DS is six months old. We use a lot of fitteds (Mostly Monkey Snuggles and GM's. But we have some others like Bububebe, Little Fancy Pants etc..). We usually use them without a cover, but we do have wool covers, fleece covers and some PUL ones. We reach for wool first when we put a cover on. And we also use BG Elementals, BG pockets, BG All in ones (from the clearance sale), Blueberry pockets, Grovia hybrid All in 2 with cloth inserts, Muttequin all in 2..we also just got 2 Mamatutu's (all in two) in the mail. We also have some GMD prefolds that I have been liking a lot more in the past few months than I did when he was a newborn. They are pretty easy to just fold and lay into a cover.

I hope you enjoy CDing as much as we do. Good luck!

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't consider my stash even nearly complete (we've only been CDing a few months) but I'll share anyway! So far we have:

Pockets

8 bumGenius 4.0

4 Fuzzibunz OS

3 Rumparooz

1 Oh Katy!

1 Babykicks (hate it, selling it)

4 Blueberry 

Fitteds

1 Twinkie Tush

2 Goodmama + 1 Goodmama Goodnight OTW

2 Sustainablebabyish w/ snaps

1 Bububebe OTW

1 Orange Diaper Co. OTW

Covers

2 Flips

1 WCW soaker

1 WCW shorties OTW

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Options

We are not yet 6 months, and we have only transitioned to cloth 1 month ago, but here is what we started with  (and what I've added!) 

Started with:

12 BG 3.0 sized (DHs favorites)

3 BG 4.0 OS

2 fitteds (nifty nappy)

4 prefolds

and a few pul covers (Flip one is my favorite...)

What I added after getting started:

7 fitteds (various WAHMs- TT, b4, MS, and 2 more OTW)

3 wool covers- soaker  upcycled from etsy seller, soaker and shorties from WCW (and shorties and longies OTW from 1andonlywoolies)

5 AI2s (MMTT, DD- my favorites, and a few other WAHMs~ and 2 more OTW )

2 Kawaii pockets

2 Bummis Tots bots

2 BG elementals (love these for on the go)

And I'm still hoping to get more AI2s and fitteds as I reach for these first!

• Options

We only use the Flip system (but we have to use a sposie at night).  We have seven covers and 19 inserts.  I do laundry every 2.5 days.

I got overwhelmed by all the different types of cd's, so I thought I'd start with just one kind and add on.  It's worked for us for over 5 months, and I haven't added on yet.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

We started DS in cloth at 5 months and we basically had 18 BG pocket diapers and that worked well for a while and then we started using fitteds and wool for nap and night and threw in a few of the BG Organic (Elemental) AIOs.

For DD, who is 4 months, we use prefolds, Sbish snapless and Sbish obf fitteds and wool.  I also have some Flip covers but haven't been using them as much.

image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • Options

Basically the same as we have now,

12 GMD yellow edge prefolds used to fold in thirds and lay in cover

12 GMD red edge prefolds used with a snappi and wool over the top

7 covers - 3 Flip, 2 Wee Huggers, 2 wool

8 pockets - 4 BG 4.0, 2 Tots Bots, 2 Smartipants

4 fitteds - 2 TT, 1 GM, 1 Green Sprout Baby

2 AI2 from Twinkle Fluff

GroVia - 3 covers and 11 inserts

This is more than enough diaper changes to wash every other day.  We barely use the GroVia anymore, we just prefer prefolds in a cover more.  We will probably add a few more fitteds and AI2s, but definitely don't need them.

• Options

Not 6 months yet, but I don't see my stash changing that much (except more wool and Twinkie Tush for nighttime) between now and 6 months.

5 Flip Covers (considered AI2 or Hybrid)

18 Flip Stay Dry Inserts

4 BG 3.0 Medium (AIO)

4 AI2s (1 Mamamade, 1 Doodle Dype, 1 Piddle Poddle, 1 EM Wade Creations)

2 Fitteds (Twinkie Tush)

4 Upcycled Wool Soakers (3 I made myself and 1 EM Wade Creations) 

I do laundry every other day. Could make it a little bit longer if I had to, but every third night I have been doing a sposie overnight because in this humidity my Twinkie Tush's don't dry fast enough.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"