Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

How would you describe O pain?

DH and I are still faily new to TTC.. and of course after I read about all the symptoms that other ladies experience, I find myself potentially "having" them too. :)

Yesterday and today I had some soreness/annoying pain on the lower right side of my abdomen, especially during BD.   I thought to myself, "ooooh, maybe this is O pain?!"... but who knows? Wishful thinking.

So, to those of you who have felt these pains.. what is it like?  Similar to AF pains, or different? TIA.

Re: How would you describe O pain?

• Options

I feel one quick sharp pain on either my right or left side, right about where my ovaries are.

ETA: they feel completely different than AF pains

Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine feel like a twisting/pinching.  It usually happens 1-4 times and lasts a few seconds each time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks girls.. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    It can be different for everyone. It is my understanding that you can have ovulation cramping leading up to ovulation as the folicle swells. Then cramping when it bursts and a small amount of fluid leaks into your abdomen which can cause cramping. I have also seen that you can have cramping as the egg moves down your fallopian tube. I get cramping before ovulation for a couple days that feels just like period cramps all though a little less severe. Back pain too. Then it goes away for a couple days and I get the same cramps again when I'm actually ovulating. I'm a very crampy person though compared to lots of people!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I usually get the same.. but a few times throughout the day.  I agree..not like AF pains at all - but everyone's different.
  • Options
    for me it's a very distinct pain on either side and it only last for a while. It's very acute, like I can point to one spot and tell where it hurts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Gas. To me, it's kinda like gas. =-)

Srsly, it's totally different than AF pains.  I get sharp pain in the lower abdomen on one side.  Interestingly, I usually only get middleschmertz on my right side.  For me, it lasts anywhere from an hour to a few hours and that's it.  It's also constant pain for me during that span.

The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
  • Options

This is the first month I have had O pain that I noticed.  It was very low and only on the right side.  The note on my chart says "dull ache and twinges"

I marked O pain for 3 days before O and while less intense, I have felt it for 6 of the past 7 days since O.

”text”image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sharp pinching

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• Options
    Mine feels like pinching, has a sudden onset, and last a few minutes to a few hours.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Mine actually do feel like AF pains, but it's more slight, achy cramps, twinging, sometimes sharp.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"