Multiples

How many bottles do you have?

We have 10 bottles and I feel like the dishwasher is running a million times a day... I think we should get a few more (not a ton, we are starting to decrease our bottle feeds), but I was just wondering how many bottles you ladies have?

(We have 10 of the type we use (playtex ventaire)... but another 20 of medela, evenflo and dr brown that we don't use)

Daisypath imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: How many bottles do you have?

• We have 12 which has been the perfect amount to get through the day.  We run the dishwasher every night so we have clean bottles for the next day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also have 12 - 6 per child. It works well. We do two batches a day, since we hand wash.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • We have 16 bottles. When the boys first came home they were eating 8 times a day. They currently eat 7 or 8 times a day. It is the perfect amount so we always have clean bottles:)
  • We have 7 bottles. We use Dr. Brown's and have always just hand washed the two used bottles after each feeding, so we don't even put them in the dishwasher.
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member
    We started out with 16 - enough for a full day's worth of formula to be made and in the fridge.  We are down to 4 bottles a day now per baby but we still run the dishwasher 1x/day. 
  • We have 28 bottles.  We were using 8 bottles a day so we'd run it every 2-3 days.  Now the girls have 3 bottles each so we only use 6.  We might throw some away cause I am tired of them on the counter!
  • The babies only get one bottle each day (right before bed) but are now taking 6-7 oz of formula at that feeding. We just put away all of our 5 oz bottles and bought more 9 oz bottles. We had four 9 oz bottles and just bought six more since we don't wash the bottles each night.
                                                 Rainbow - Married - 5/31/03
                                               Christian Alexander - 11/13/06
                                        Amelia Rose & Owen Thomas - 3/29/11

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (eGB2)
    Be The Match - and help save a life by signing up for the National Marrow Donor Program.
  • We had 2 dozen. 
  • We have always had 10, and that seemed to be the perfect number for us.  We had one of those bottle brushes that store soap in the handle.   We would use those in the beginning and just wash out bottles by hand if we would run out before the end of the day.  Now, we have enough for an entire day, and I just wash them by hand every night.  I HATE washing dishes by hand, but its really not a big deal to wash the bottles with that handy brush every night after they go to bed!   I usually run them through the dishwasher once a week just to sanitize!

Spontaneous Di/Di twin boys born at 34 weeks on 02/21/2011
    Baby #3 due January 2016
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• We have 24 (9-4oz and 15-8oz, the 4oz were a waste), most were a gifted from our registry and some we bought.  We use Dr Browns, so handwashing is a lengthy process and dishwashing requires putting all the parts in certain baskets, etc.  So basically I'm lazy and like to not have to deal with washing bottles several times a day :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wish I had had enough to get us through 2 full days but by the time I realized how helpful it would be, I couldn't justify buying them (we had enough for 1 day so probably about 10-12?). I now have major eczema on both my hands that I can't get under control & I honestly think a big part of it was the constant handwashing of all those stupid bottles- my kids were in daycare so we had to handwash every night to get the next day's bottles propped. Ugh.
  • A ton.  We have 15 Dr. Brown's for Harry and 10 Avents for Alex.  Oh and about 6 4oz avents.

We started on Avents, then switched to Dr. B's (so I never bought small Dr. B's) for Harry's reflux.  He did so well on them that I bought enough to put both boys on it.  Alex revoluted big time!  So now we have 25 bottles in rotation.  Now days we run the dishwasher every other day so 8 bottles will be plenty (they do 3 bottles a day now).

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have 24 as well.  This way we only have to run the dishwasher every day.  Having more bottles was easier for us than washing bottles by hand all the time.
    U/S#1 showed 2 heartbeats! U/S#2 showed Baby A's heartbeat was 157 and Baby B 's heartbeat was 183! U/S#4 showed Baby A is a Boy (heartbeat 161) and Baby B is a Girl (heartbeat 159)!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageTheBachelorette:
    We have 24 as well.  This way we only have to run the dishwasher every day.  Having more bottles was easier for us than washing bottles by hand all the time.
    This exactly, but I think we had 30 total.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"