Pregnant after 35
Options

Acupressure points for bringing on labor

Just found this on youtube... and going to try it... wll let you know if anything starts!!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Acupressure points for bringing on labor

• Options
    I had heard about this and wasn't sure if this was on the web. I knew that some doctors warn women in their last trimester to be careful with pedicures for this reason.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    Good luck!!
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just curious - you are only 39 weeks, why the urgency to bring on labor? I could understand to try at 40 weeks but you are not even overdue.
  • Options
    K - Her baby is measuring pretty large, if I am remembering correctly, and she's worried that the longer it goes the bigger.  She's also pretty uncomfortable.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

Thanks, Amy! I would understand if you tried these accupressure points. Big Smile

Sending good labor vibes for you!

• Options
    imageSFAug07:

Thanks, Amy! I would understand if you tried these accupressure points. Big Smile

Sending good labor vibes for you!

I might, if the alternative is induction!  I hope you get to have labor *right* when you hit term, I know it drives you nuts!  :) 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

LOL - I know I was complaining the last time around Wink. I think I can be a little more patient this time, as Sarah is taking a lot of time and energy now. I am really counting the days I need to be pregnant - you know how I dislike it.

• Options

In addition to the leg/foot, there are points on your hand and in the roof of your mouth that are supposed to induce labor.  From what I've heard, that spot above the ankle is the most powerful though.  Can't hurt to try if you're close to your EDD or post-date. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"